We offer flexible working, a competitive benefits package:
- Salary - £50,000 to £55,000 gross per annum
- 8.5% employer pension contribution
- Scope for flexible working, including working from home
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
Other benefits include 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
HelpAge International is global network of organisations working towards a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. The HelpAge global network is made up of 140 members in 90 countries working to support older people and promote their rights, with programmes managed by hubs in London, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The world HelpAge wants to see is one where everyone, whatever their age, can say:
• I have the income I need
• I enjoy the best possible health and quality of life
• I am safe and secure, free from discrimination and abuse
• My voice is heard.
HelpAge is the only global network working with and for older people’s organisations, undertaking grassroots programming and local, regional and international advocacy work. This is an exciting time to join HelpAge as we develop our global ten-year strategy.
HelpAge are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to join our small and friendly Finance, Operations and Support Services (FOSS) department in London. You will be responsible for a team of four people, directly line managing two, working collaboratively with operational teams in regional hubs and country offices. This is an exciting time to join HelpAge as we develop our strategic vision for the next 10 years, working in a broad and varied role, where you will be able to make a positive contribution.
For efficient and decentralised operations:
- Ensuring that appropriate Standard Operating Procedures and systems are in place and followed throughout the organisation for contract management, partnership management, data protection, environmental impact,
- Ensure an effective duty of care that includes safety and security, and wellbeing policies and procedures are in place throughout the organisation.
- Develop and implement a digital strategy throughout the organization.
- Monitor operational risks and ensure risk mitigation steps are in place.
- Implement organisation KPI monitoring system throughout the organisation.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Proven track record in developing and implementing business systems development strategies to ensure the effectiveness of the organisation with an ability to investigate new solutions.
- Knowledge of information and technology-based solutions to integrate and streamline business systems.
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and manage a diverse team including IT and System development team.
- Experience of working and supporting teams working remotely in matrix management structure.
- Knowledge of security management i.e. personnel, assets and cyber security.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
Inclusive - We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
Impact - We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
Partners - We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
Learning - We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, gender identity, race, sex, disability, religion/belief and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage peopel that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.