The Helping Hands Community Trust provides a free independent, fully inclusive advice, care and support service to people whose lives are in crisis, are vulnerable and those disadvantaged by circumstance.
Reporting to the Advice Centre Manager, yours is a key role helping to ensure the smooth running and organisation of our services, providing the first point of contact with clients, stake holders, partners and funders who visit our South Wigston Advice Centre and Outreach Surgeries.
Our core services are delivered ‘face-to-face’, where first impressions are vitally important in helping people feel welcome and valued. An essential part of your work is exploring, understanding client needs in order to prioritise access to the most appropriate advisor.
During the CV19 Pandemic face-to-face advice is provided by appointment only at our Centre and Surgeries although video conferencing, telephone and online services are available.
A full risk assessment has been carried out at our premises which have been adapted to comply with Government advice. Social distancing and the use of PPE (a personal issue to staff) is required.
You will be working with an enthusiastic team of paid and volunteer staff and your duties and responsibilities include:
- The efficient management of our Advice Centre reception area.
- The induction, supervision and appraisal of a small team of reception volunteers.
- To greet clients and visitors with a positive, caring and helpful attitude.
- Provide a service that is based on sensitivity and respect in responding and determining the needs of clients.
- Help ensure workplace security by maintaining client /visitor logs.
- Ensuring that the NHS CoVid19 Test and Trace policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring impartiality and confidentiality is preserved.
- To liaise with outreach team members at our Oadby and Wigston surgeries and partner locations.
- To receive, forward and screen incoming telephone calls and enquiries and make call backs.
- To liaise with advice staff regarding support for and the referral of individual clients.
- The entering of client details onto our AdvicePRO data base.
- Maintaining our online diary, entering details of clients, appointments with advisors utilising Office365 Bookings software.
- Confirming with clients that they are attending appointments.
- Book food parcels via the Foodbank website.
- Announcing the arrival of clients / visitors to their advisor / appropriate team member.
- To facilitate online video calls, appointments and conferencing.
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including sorting and dispatching mail, copying of documents, maintaining the supply of advice and information leaflets.
- Maintain a diary of room bookings.
- Attend meetings.
- Undertake training that is appropriate to the role.
- Carry out admin and support duties that are commensurate with the post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.