Helplines Partnership (HLP) is the membership body for organisations that provide helpline services in the UK and internationally. We facilitate high quality support for callers by offering services to helpline providers which include training, Helplines Standard accreditation, consultancy and access to the Helpline Freephone Range (a dedicated range of free to caller telephone numbers exclusively for helplines).
HLP is at a very exciting time. We are currently working on our new three-year strategy and require an experienced and highly motivated Policy and External Affairs Manager to spearhead our future policy projects, helping to raise the profile of the sector by representing our members’ interests and influencing the social policy agenda, giving providers of helpline services a voice to build sustainability and promote excellence, choice and accessibility for everyone.
Like everyone, we will be facing the challenges of Covid and its impacts in a time of great uncertainty for public health and the public health system. It is hard to imagine a more vital time for our Policy and External Affairs function.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Interest and experience with impact and outcomes.
- A proven track record in changing policy, practice and the world
- Strong public affairs and media instincts
- Tenacious and resilient with the ability to identify and deal with issues, seeing them through to resolution.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A company pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata) rising with length of service
- Organisational commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees
- HLP is committed to equality of opportunity
This is a part-time position, 30 hours per week on a permanent contract. It is home-based with some travel for meetings, as and when required, in line with government guidelines.
Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.