Herefordshire Wildlife Trust (HWT) is a wildlife conservation charity dedicated to protecting the special wildlife in Herefordshire and encouraging people to enjoy, care for and act for nature. We own and manage 55 Nature Reserves across the county and have over 5,200 members. Our 2020 Vision for Wildlife aims to place nature’s recovery at the forefront of tackling the climate emergency - for wildlife itself, for the natural services it provides and for everyone’s wellbeing.
We are recruiting for new Trustees and a Company Secretary with the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to help us achieve our objectives. We are particularly keen to recruit people from diverse backgrounds who have, or are keen to develop, one or more of the following core skills and qualities:
- A strong commitment to wildlife conservation and the Vision of the Trust;
- Understanding and commitment to the principles of landscape scale conservation and nature’s recovery;
- The ability to apply clear logical thinking and creativity to developing our strategy.
- The ability to work effectively in a team, with different areas of expertise, to govern the Trust;
- Contacts within the conservation sector and associated businesses that they can draw upon for support
As well as having the core skills required, we are particularly looking for candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Company Secretary - administrative and organisational skills and an understanding of the legal requirements of the role of the Company Secretary
- Fundraising / Income Generation - this may include individual giving, grants, corporate support, legacies, commercial operations
- Financial skills - with the ability to scrutinise and interrogate financial statements, reports and balance sheet information
- Communications, PR and marketing - with a particular focus on the role of digital technologies
- Conservation policy - with experience of current and developing conservation policy in the UK
For more details, see the Trustee Recruitment Pack available on our website.
Trustees are expected to attend up to 10 formal meetings per year as well as annual workshops and training opportunities. At present all meeting are held by Zoom. Face to face meetings, when they resume, are held at Queenswood Country Park. Trustees are reimbursed for the reasonable expenses of fulfilling their duties.
Herefordshire Wildlife Trust is part of The Wildlife Trusts - a federation of 46 Trusts covering the UK. We aim to create a movement of diverse, inclusive and effective leaders who embrace the challenge of increasing our diversity and the contribution diversity makes to our movement. We particularly welcome applications from young people, people from BAME backgrounds and people with disabilities. Full induction, training and support will be provided.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.