Hertfordshire Action on Disability (HAD) is one of the leading charities in Hertfordshire for people with disabilities. Our aim is to support our clients maintain their independence. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Fundraiser to join the team based in Welwyn Garden City.
This person will help us generate financial support for our existing mobility services and some exciting new projects, with our aim being to triple our income over the next two years.
This newly created role will secure an agreed target of income from charitable Trusts, Foundations and grant-making bodies as well as identify corporate sponsorship opportunities. The fundraiser will also be responsible for building relationships with the community, to generate vital funds from local and national businesses, groups, associations and individuals.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience in bid writing or writing applications, and a track record of achieving fundraising targets. The role will also involve securing partnerships with businesses and community groups, so you will be used to networking, building long term relationships and maximising opportunities.
You will be the sole fundraiser within our Charity and will be supported by our Board of Trustees and senior management team. This is a new position and hopefully the successful candidate will be able to develop and grow the role.
- Research funding/sponsorship opportunities
- Compile, write and submit applications to grant-making Trusts and Foundations
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships
- Collaborate with other organisations and groups within the community to build partnerships and increase fundraising activities
- Report and respond to donor and funder enquiries
- Assist in planning and coordinating fundraising events
- Create marketing materials such as flyers, brochures and social media to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising campaigns
- Regularly meet or surpass agreed fundraising targets, focusing efforts on fundraising activities with highest return on investment
- Provide an excellent supporter journey focusing on donor retention
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications (complying with GDPR)
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience of writing applications/bids or corporate fundraising
- Empathy and can develop long term relationships with key parties to grow our fund-raising base
- The ability to meet financial targets
- Excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail
- At least one year of fundraising experience
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- A willingness to carry out a range of administrative tasks.
- Experience of securing four to five figure grants from Trusts and Foundations
- Degree in either, public relations, media, marketing, law, business journalism or related/applicable area.
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working Hours
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.