Hertfordshire Community Foundation is the natural port of call for grant making and philanthropy in Hertfordshire and supports voluntary and community organisations across the county. HCF provides a professional service to support donors, whether individuals, businesses or other organisations to achieve their local charitable giving objectives. Since 1988 HCF has distributed in excess of £15m in grant aid and has supported over 1,500 charitable groups. Additionally, HCF provides training and development support to the voluntary sector through HCF Training & Development.
Hertfordshire Community Foundation has been commissioned by Hertfordshire County Council to oversee and manage the distribution of grants in support of the Government funded, Holiday Activities Programme. This is part of a national programme, announced in November 2020, to support disadvantaged children during the Easter, Summer and Winter holidays through the provision of health food and enriching activities.
To drive this excellent opportunity forward we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Grants Manager to deliver this c.£2m grants programme during 2021 aimed at supporting disadvantaged children. This is a new position requiring someone with the skills to hit the ground running.
The newly appointed Grants Manager will focus on supporting grant applicants, evaluating applications, providing monitoring reports and liaising closely with the funder and project manager.
Reporting to the Head of Grants and working alongside HCF’s grants team the new Grants Manager will play a key role in the delivery of this new programme ensuring the effective management of grants and high level funder management.
Grant and Relationship Management
- Liaise with Hertfordshire County Council and the third party Project Manager to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Support applicants (of all fundraising abilities), over the phone, zoom/teams and via email
- Assess applications within set timescales, in line with HCF’s grant making policy and within the criteria of this new fund
- Undertake monitoring visits (in line with Government guidlines) and collate online monitoring feedback at the end of the programme
- Oversee the management of the fund budget in conjunction with HCF’s Finance Manager s and Head of Grants
- Use HCF’s database, Salesforce, to accurately process and track grants and to maintain records at all times
- Provide regular progress updates to the funder and attend meetings as required
- Produce a comprehensive end of programme evaluation report
- Support the Marketing Officer to maximise PR opportunities
- Identify and ensure best practice procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out any task as deemed appropriate by the Foundation Director and Head of Grants
- Attend appropriate training as required
- Work as part of a team ensuring that all team functions are covered in times of staff absence
The ideal candidate
With previous grant management, account management, relationship management and/or donor management experience you will demonstrate an ability to provide exceptional donor stewardship. You may have either a commercial or charity background and experience in managing statutory funding will be beneficial. In addition, your strong analytical and communication skills will ensure HCF provides the best possible service to applicants and the funder alike.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of relationship management
- Experience of grant programme management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think creatively and to identify opportunities
- A good understanding of the voluntary sector and community issues
- High level of computer literacy including Word, Excel and databases
- Strong commitment to the values of the Community Foundation, including equality and diversity
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and the ability to cope well under pressure
- A good team player who is able to support colleagues
- Access to a car with a clean driving licence
Desirable experience includes:
- Experience of SalesForce
- Experience in managing statutory funding
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working in the voluntary and community sector
HCF is an equal opportunities employer. Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining why you think you are suited to this position and what you can bring to this role.
Interview date 30 March 2021 via zoom
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.