The purpose of this post is to be a key member of staff delivering the DayLight Mental Health Crisis Service, complementing our out of hours NightLight provision.
There are two positions for the position of DayLight Worker (one for East Herts and one for West Herts) in our crisis service.
Job Title: DayLight Worker
Salary Grade: £21,720 FTE per annum incl. Outer London Weighting (OLW)
Responsible to: Services Manager (Complex Needs & Crisis)
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Main Base/s: East Hertfordshire (Waltham Cross)
West Hertfordshire (Watford)
Expectation to work across Hertfordshire to exercise the duties of both roles.
The objectives of Hertfordshire Mind Network’s DayLight Mental Health Crisis Service are:
- To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire.
- To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental health crisis in Hertfordshire, by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided by Herts Mind Network and other third sector and statutory providers.
- To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
- To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
- To reduce the use of police, ambulance and statutory mental health services whilst experiencing crisis.
- To reduce the use of statutory crisis services by people experiencing mental ill health without positive outcomes for the individual.
You will be line managed by the Services Manager (Complex Needs & Crisis) for Hertfordshire Mind Network but will manage your own workload, prioritising tasks and working on your own initiative.
- To play an integral role in instilling HMN’s values through the DayLight Mental Health Crisis Service.
- To provide short-term crisis resolution support to clients who are in crisis and experiencing emotional distress.
- To provide a prompt, effective response to anyone experiencing a mental health crisis and/or emotional distress during normal daytime opening hours when NightLight isn’t operational.
- To play a key part in the development and delivery of quality crisis support services.
- To provide consistent and clear line management and leadership to a diverse team.
- To work with the NightLight Services Manager and Services Manager (Complex Needs & Crisis) to generate new approaches to crisis support services in line with identified need.
- Ensure the delivery of quality services at all times.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 3rd February 2020 by 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on week beginning Monday 10th February 2020.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job decription and complete the application process.
An approved Enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is an Equal Opportunity and Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.