Hertfordshire Mind Network are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident individual with excellent communication skills to recruit, train and supervise volunteers and peer mentors working within the Complex Needs Service by providing group support or 1-1 peer mentoring.
Job Title: Peer Mentoring Coordinator
Salary: £20,720 to £22,500 per annum including Outer London Weighting
Responsible to: HMN Services Manager (Complex Needs & Crisis)
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Fixed Term to March 2021)
Base: Welwyn Garden City (expectation to work across Hertfordshire)
Purpose of Post
We are looking for individuals to join our team to help shape this effective and impactful mentoring service. The successful candidate will be a passionate individual with positive attitudes to build a diverse and committed team of volunteers and peer mentors with a broad range of skills.
To work as a key member of the team in delivering the Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service and alongside Hertfordshire Mind Network’s Crisis Peer Mentoring Coordinator and Stepping Stones Coordinator to ensure volunteers and peer mentors receive appropriate training and support to deliver services. To lead and develop a team of volunteers and peer mentors within the service to deliver high quality person centred services as directed by the hyh Team Leader and Turning Point Operations Manager in line with the Complex Needs Business Plan. To ensure Herts Mind Network’s vision and values are embedded in the team. To ensure all statutory requirements of the service specification are met.
The service offers a range of support to promote personal recovery and independence to people living with complex needs, these services include:
- 1:1 outreach support from dedicated Recovery Worker providing solution-focused support with practical issues including such as finances/housing/employment.
- Crisis Planning – promoting self-management through individuals building an understanding of their own triggers/coping strategies.
- Active Referrals/Signposting – working with individuals to identify resources/services to meet their needs and providing appropriate support to access these effectively.
- Group-work – delivering courses that support self-management recovery, including: Mindfulness/Assertiveness/Keeping Well/Stress Management/Problem Solving/Crisis Management.
- Peer Support – Strength-based approach concentrating on the inherent strengths of an individual to aid recovery and empowerment.
- Extended dual diagnosis support
- Whole family approach
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 27th December 2019 by 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on Friday 10th January 2020.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to the Herts Mind Network website where you can download the Application Pack.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is an Equal Opportunity and Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.