We are looking for individuals to join our team to help shape this effective and impactful mentoring service.
Job Title: Peer Mentoring Coordinator
Salary Grade: £20,720 - £22,500
Responsible to: HMN Services Manager (Complex Needs & Crisis)
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week, fixed term to March 2021
Main Base/s: Welwyn Garden City (expectation to work across Hertfordshire)
Purpose of Post
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident individual with excellent communication skills to recruit, train and supervise volunteers working within the Complex Needs Service by providing group support or 1-1 peer mentoring. The successful candidate will be a passionate individual with positive attitudes to build a diverse and committed team of volunteers with a broad range of skills.
You will work as a key member of the team in delivering the Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service and alongside Hertfordshire Mind Network’s Crisis Peer Mentoring Coordinator and Stepping Stones Coordinator to ensure volunteers receive appropriate training and support to deliver services. You will lead and develop a team of volunteers within the service to deliver high-quality person-centred services, as directed by the Team Leader and Turning Point Operations Manager, in line with the Complex Needs Business Plan. You will ensure Herts Mind Network’s vision and values are embedded in the team, and ensure all statutory requirements of the service specification are met.
The service offers a range of support to promote personal recovery and independence to people living with complex needs, these services include:
- 1:1 outreach support from dedicated Recovery Worker providing solution-focused support with practical issues including such as finances/housing/employment.
- Crisis Planning – promoting self-management through individuals building an understanding of their own triggers/coping strategies.
- Active Referrals/Signposting – working with individuals to identify resources/services to meet their needs and providing appropriate support to access these effectively.
- Group-work – delivering courses that support self-management recovery, including: Mindfulness/Assertiveness/Keeping Well/Stress Management/Problem Solving/Crisis Management.
- Peer Support – Strength-based approach concentrating on the inherent strengths of an individual to aid recovery and empowerment.
- Extended dual diagnosis support
- Whole family approach
- Participating in recruitment and selection of new volunteers
- Undertake induction of new volunteers
- Working across the county as needed to ensure appropriate management cover at all times
- To develop good practice policies and procedures in volunteer management and ensure HMN’s staff are fully trained in these practices
- To work with the wider HMN team to develop new opportunities for volunteers within HMN’s various volunteering strands
- To audit the current volunteer team to identify what skills and experiences could be utilised more fully
- To ensure the professional development of current volunteers so that they feel motivated and valued in their role
- To develop links with corporate organisations and run corporate volunteering activities and Team Volunteer days to raise funds and awareness about the service.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships and referral pathways with the relevant organisations who provide training and volunteering opportunities for volunteers
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 3rd February 2020 by 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on week beginning Friday 14th February 2020.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to the Herts Mind Network website where you can download the Application Pack.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is an Equal Opportunity and Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.