We have an exciting opportunity for the role of Senior Recovery Worker to work as a key member of the team in delivering the Complex Needs Service in partnership with Turning Point and Herts Young Homeless.
Title: Senior Recovery Worker
Salary Grade: £22,250 - £23,165 per annum including Outer London Weighting (OLW) dependent on skills and experience
Responsible to: HMN Services Manager (Complex Needs & Crisis)
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Main Base/s: Welwyn Garden City with expectation to work across Hertfordshire
Background to the Post
Turning Point and Herts Young Homeless work as a partnership to provide community support to people recovering from mental health issues and additional complex needs, including substance misuse and learning disabilities. The service will offer a range of support to promote personal recovery and independence including:
- 1:1 outreach support from dedicated Keyworker/co-worker providing solution-focused support with practical issues including such as finances/housing/employment.
- Crisis Planning – promoting self-management through individuals building an understanding of their own triggers/coping strategies.
- Active Referrals/Signposting – working with individuals to identify resources/services to meet their needs and providing appropriate support to access these effectively.
- Group-work – delivering courses that support self-management recovery, including: Mindfulness/Assertiveness/Keeping Well/Stress Management/Problem Solving/Crisis Management.
- Peer Support – Strength-based approach concentrating on the inherent strengths of an individual to aid recovery and empowerment.
- Extended dual diagnosis support
- Whole family approach
Purpose of Post
The purpose of the Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service Recovery Worker role is to:
- Improve mental wellbeing
- Reduce the use of police, ASB, tenancy enforcement, housing needs and environmental health services
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Improve access to early help
- Improve tenancy sustainment
- Provide support to access more appropriate services
- Provide support to build life skills, confidence, resilience, self-esteem and build social networks
- Provide support to reduce episodes of crisis
- Provide an assertive outreach approach for those who may have complex or multiple needs
- To maintain and enhance service delivery standards and effectiveness
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 27th December 2019 by 5pm.
Interviews shall take place on Friday 10th January 2020.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button. You will be directed to the Herts Mind Network website where you can download the Application Pack.
An approved Enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Hertfordshire Mind Network is an Equal Opportunity and Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.