Hertfordshire Mind Network is recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator to deliver the Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service.
Job title: Volunteer Coordinator
Salary: £18,336 to £22,500 per annum
Responsible to: HMN line management provided by Senior Volunteer Coordinator & Operations Manager – Complex Needs Service
No. of Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: fixed-term contract until March 2021
Main Base: Welwyn Garden City (expectation to work across Hertfordshire)
Purpose of Post:
To work as a key member of the team in delivering the Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service and alongside Hertfordshire Mind Volunteer Coordinators to ensure volunteers receive appropriate training and support to deliver services. To lead and develop a team of volunteers within the service to deliver high-quality person-centred services as directed by the Team Leader and Operations Manager in line with Business Plan. To ensure Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service vision and values are embedded in the team. To ensure all statutory requirements of the service specification are met. The Hertfordshire Complex Needs Service is a partnership contract between Turing Point, Herts Young Homeless and Hertfordshire Mind.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident individuals with excellent communication skills to recruit, train and supervise volunteers working within the complex needs service by providing group support or 1-1 peer mentoring. We are looking for individuals to join our team and help shape this effective and impactful mentoring service. The successful candidates will be passionate individuals with positive attitudes to build a diverse and committed team of volunteers with a broad range of skills and expertise.
The service offers a range of support to promote personal recovery and independence to people living with Complex Needs, these services include:
- 1:1 outreach support from dedicated Keyworker/co-worker providing solution-focused support with practical issues including such as finances/housing/employment.
- Crisis Planning – promoting self-management through individuals building an understanding of their own triggers/coping strategies.
- Active Referrals/Signposting – working with individuals to identify resources/services to meet their needs and providing appropriate support to access these effectively.
- Group-work – delivering courses that support self-management recovery, including: Mindfulness/Assertiveness/Keeping Well/Stress Management/Problem Solving/Crisis Management.
- Peer Support – Strength-based approach concentrating on the inherent strengths of an individual to aid recovery and empowerment.
- Extended dual diagnosis support
- Whole family approach
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st November 2019
Interview date: Monday 11th November 2019
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to the Herts Mind Network website where you can download the Application Pack.
An approved Enhanced DBS check is required for this post
Hertfordshire Mind Network is an Equal Opportunity and Mindful Employer.
No agencies please.