Location: Hatfield, but will include travel countywide
Salary: £17,000 to £20,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Contract: 37 hours per week (Full Time)
Are you keen to be part of a growing charity with a focus on making a difference to vulnerable young people in your local area?
Herts Young Homeless work with 16-24 year olds who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, those aged 10-15 whose families are at risk of relationship breakdown and those aged 18+ who are in housing need and have mental health and substance misuse problems. Last year we were able to directly support 2,495 young people and engaged with nearly 9,000 schoolchildren on the realities of leaving home. Our focus is on preventing homelessness by empowering young people to make positive informed choices, through a range of free, countywide, specialist preventative and crisis services.
Position Purpose and key responsibilities:
- To work alongside the Operations Manager to provide a high level of administrative support to all areas of the charity.
- To be the first port of call for all visitors to hyh both in person and via telephone/email. To attend team meetings and minute take as required. To be a team player and get involved where required.
- To provide administrative support to the Operations Manager in all areas of the charity
- To support the CEO and board in the Operations Manager absence
- To organise and coordinate meetings as required
- To minute take any meetings as needed
- Assisting the HR Officer
- Help maintain accurate IT asset records
- Assisting with Health and Safety Administration
- To notify and co-ordinate training for all staff, volunteers and students
- Training, booking venues and arranging travel
- Maintain and update training records
- Placing stationery orders
- Setting up of resources for meetings where necessary
- Any other ad-hoc duties
- A good level of literacy and numeracy with the ability to carry out administrative tasks as appropriate to the role
- Excellent understanding of confidentially with strict professional boundaries and personal integrity
- A fair, objective and non-judgemental attitude
- A commitment to undertake training where required and an enthusiasm for new challenges
- A positive commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Ability to manage time effectively, demonstrate organisation skills and work to agreed objectives within specified deadlines
- Highly motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel, Internet and Email
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with colleagues and partners at all organisational levels
- Willingness to work flexibly where required
- Previous administrative background
- Experience in the charity or not for profit sector
If you are hardworking, conscientious and take pride in doing a job well, then we would like to hear from you.
Upon receipt of your CV, should you be successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview conducted by hr inspire.
Following your telephone interview, please be mindful of the following dates:
- Vacancy Closing date: 5pm, Wednesday 29th September 2021
- Interview date: Wednesday 6th October 2021 (Conducted by HYH and to be held face to face)
- Personal interview date: Friday 8th October 2021 (Conducted by HYH and to be held face to face)
Should you not receive a response within ten working days, please deem your application to be unsuccessful.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or young adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as part of Herts Young Homeless’ pre-employment checks.