Title of Post: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Herts Young Homeless
Location: Head office, Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
Salary: Up to £70,000 per annum (full time salary)
Hours: Full-time or 4 days per week
Contract type: Permanent
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Herts Young Homeless work with 16-24 year olds who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, those aged 10-15 whose families are at risk of relationship breakdown and those aged 18+ who are in housing need and have mental health and substance misuse problems. Last year we were able to support nearly 2,500 young people, to help to prevent them from becoming homeless and to get their lives back on track. Our focus is on preventing homelessness by empowering young people to make positive informed choices, through a range of free, countywide, specialist preventative and crisis services.
Herts Young Homeless is seeking a new and inspirational CEO to lead hyh and help it to flourish during the next phase of our development. Building on our strong reputation and our excellent services and staff, we are looking for someone who can increase the impact of our work, build our sustainability, identify new opportunities and inspire our staff, supporters and partners alike.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Board of Trustees, lead the operation and continued development of hyh
- Provide inspirational leadership and management to the Executive Management Team and inspire and support all staff and volunteers in their work
- Ensure the effective impact of hyh’s services, and that their outcomes are measured, understood and disseminated
- Supported by the Board, maintain, develop and deliver a robust and rolling long-term strategy for
- hyh focused on its impact, resilience and sustainability
- Supported by the Board, ensure robust governance structures and policies and procedures for hyh,
- which ensure legal compliance and alignment with best practice
- Ensure the financial stability of the Charity through sound financial planning, risk and business management and income generation
- Promote the Charity’s services, working effectively with the Charity’s partners, supporters and funders, and at all times be an ambassador for hyh’s work
We are seeking candidates for the CEO role with the following personal qualities and skills:
- Honesty and integrity
- Demonstrate a strong passion and commitment to the Charity, its values and aims
- Exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
- Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment
- Innovative and flexible in responding to challenges
- Self-motivated and organised, with an attention to detail
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Successful track record of senior level management.
- Leadership experience in charity, public or private sectors.
- Experience of financial management and operating budgets
- Experience of staff management and development
- A successful record of strategic development, change management and innovation
Knowledge and skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the charity sector and current issues affecting it
- An understanding of the policy context, including funding context, in which hyh operates
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate staff and volunteers and bring people together
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing, including speaking to large audiences
- Financial management skills and a broad understanding of charity finance issues
- Good understanding of, and confidence with, IT and digital resources
- Understanding of charity governance and legal requirements
- Educated to degree level or having equivalent qualification or experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Applicants must be UK resident and have a full, valid driving licence.
Closing date – 23rd August 2021
Completion of shortlisting and notification to shortlisted candidates: 31 August 2021
Should you require more information about this role please visit the Candidate Information brochure attached below.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or young adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as part of Herts Young Homeless’ pre-employment checks.
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation and GDPR. hr inspire Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
hr inspire promises to act with the upmost integrity and respect when it comes to handling your data.
Please note: By submitting your details in relation to this role you are giving us permission to submit your application to the employer as well as providing your expressed permission to retain your information on our recruiter database of job seeking professionals to contact regarding other similar opportunities handled by our team of in-house Consultants for the next 2 years.
If you wish for us to remove your data from our CRM at any time, please contact us and we will action your request
Please submit a covering letter along with your CV to be considered for this role.