TITLE OF POST:
Community & Events Officer
PLACE OF WORK:
Up to £28,000 (FTE)
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
30 - 37 hours per week (flexibility will be required for evening and weekend working)
Annual leave: 25 days per annum pro rata increasing by one day a year after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 28 days (in addition to Bank & Public holidays)
Pension: hyh will contribute 3% of basic salary to The People’s Pension on behalf of the employee. Staff eligible to join the scheme will be automatically enrolled into the scheme at 3% of basic salary on commencement of employment. Once in the scheme a further 5% will be contributed by hyh.
Group Life Insurance: 4 times salary. Entry to the scheme is automatic on joining the charity.
Employee Assistance Programme: offering counselling and emotional support to improve wellness and performance.
Herts Young Homeless work with 16-24 year olds who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, those aged 10-15 whose families are at risk of relationship breakdown and those aged 18+ who are in housing need and have mental health and substance misuse problems. Last year we were able to directly support 2,495 young people and engaged with nearly 9,000 schoolchildren on the realities of leaving home. Our focus is on preventing homelessness by empowering young people to make positive informed choices, through a range of free, countywide, specialist preventative and crisis services.
The Community and Events Officer will:
Contribute to hyh’s overall Fundraising strategy as a member of the Fundraising Team
Identify, develop and support existing and new community and events fundraising activities to increase and generate significant net income and supporter engagement
Provide excellent donor care for all fundraising activities, to develop productive and lasting relationships with the community and convert them into loyal supporters
Assist the Head of Fundraising & Communications in the development and delivery of hyh’s Events and Communications Plans
Update donor CRM databases and website
- Relevant fundraising, sales or marketing experience
- Successful track record of generating c. £100k through community and events fundraising with strong understanding of different fundraising streams
- Responsibility for developing fundraising to achieve targets
- Proven ability to engage, inspire and enthuse a range of supporters to raise funds and nurture relationships
- Preparing and monitoring income and expenditure budgets, financial projections and financial management information
- An understanding of digital marketing and social networking including Mail Chimp
- Confident at delivering presentations or talks to community audiences (groups and associations, schools etc)
- Experience of planning and co-ordinating fundraising events in the community
- Highly motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- A commitment to undertake training where required and an enthusiasm for new challenges and experiences
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Able to present and network confidently
- Approachable, creative, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to ensure accurate data inputting
- Creative thinking, imaginative and entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, prioritising work to meet deadlines
- IT literate with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- CRM database experience (Desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- A commitment to hyh’s values namely; professional, passionate, responsive and collaborative
- Willingness to work flexibly where required
- A full driving licence
If you are hardworking, conscientious and take pride in doing a job well, then we would like to hear from you.
Upon receipt of your CV, should you be successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview.
- Closing date: 4th January 2022
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or young adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as part of Herts Young Homeless’ pre-employment checks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.