TITLE OF POST:
Digital Communications Officer
PLACE OF WORK:
pro rata of £26,000 per annum
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
30 hours per week (Flexibility to work hours over 4 or 5 days per week)
Annual leave: 25 days per annum pro rata increasing by one day a year after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 28 days (in addition to Bank & Public holidays)
Pension: hyh will contribute 3% of basic salary to The People’s Pension on behalf of the employee. Staff eligible to join the scheme will be automatically enrolled into the scheme at 3% of basic salary on commencement of employment. Once in the scheme a further 5% will be contributed by hyh.
Group Life Insurance: 4 times salary. Entry to the scheme is automatic on joining the charity.
Employee Assistance Programme: offering counselling and emotional support to improve wellness and performance.
Are you keen to be part of a growing charity with a focus on making a difference to vulnerable young people in your local area?
Herts Young Homeless work with 16-24 year olds who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, those aged 10-15 whose families are at risk of relationship breakdown and those aged 18+ who are in housing need and have mental health and substance misuse problems. Last year we were able to directly support 2,495 young people and engaged with nearly 9,000 schoolchildren on the realities of leaving home. Our focus is on preventing homelessness by empowering young people to make positive informed choices, through a range of free, countywide, specialist preventative and crisis services.
The Digital Communications Officer will:
- Contribute to hyh’s overall Fundraising & Communications strategy as a member of the Fundraising & Communications Team
- Improve supporter acquisition and retention through digital channels, building engagement and loyalty.
- Source, generate, edit, schedule and post written, visual, audio and video content that drives brand awareness
- Deliver outstanding and innovative communications for different audiences and across multiple channels which align with hyh’s Comms plan.
- Inspire, inform and motivate supporters to give to hyh as well as demonstrating the impact of their donations on beneficiaries.
- Manage a calendar programme of social media and website activity.
- Act as the first point of contact for social media and our website.
- Increase content reach and impressions to our website; improve our SEO.
- Create digital materials to support the Fundraising team across all income generation streams with their activities and campaigns throughout the year.
- Contribute ideas, materials and copy to paid FB and Google ad campaigns to maximise their effectiveness.
- Improve engagement with our followers and those we are following.
- Act as a brand champion within hyh, promoting the use of social media
- Keep abreast of new developments, trends and technologies, identifying and proposing new digital opportunities for hyh.
- Understand, evaluate and circulate social media and website analytics.
- Test and learn from new methods for donor recruitment and increasing donations.
- Develop digital projects to support delivery of hyh’s services to support young people facing homelessness.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Fundraising team target of £388k in 21/22.
- Day-to-day responsibility for managing relationships and communications with existing supporters through digital channels
- Build strong and lasting relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- With the Individual Giving Officer, grow and develop increased income from regular donations by creating impactful appeals and campaigns.
- Develop and deliver effective PR, communications and engagement activities working closely with the Fundraising and Communication Manager and Fundraising team.
- Ensure all hyh staff and Trustees are well informed on current activities.
- Work closely with the Events Officer to maximise the effectiveness of engagement and stewardship events.
- Increase awareness of hyh and encourage a wide and diverse audience of people to support our cause. Ensure hyh’s reputation as a leading homeless prevention charity is maintained and enhanced
- Confidently present the key messages of hyh and encourage support via a variety of media including; informal conversations, networking, presentations, written literature, monthly newsletters, direct mail pieces and website copy.
- Ensure that every supporter receives a high level of donor care.
- Work closely, in a collaborative environment, with all Fundraising team members to ensure that all digital activity is integrated and aligned with the overall fundraising strategy, to maximise overall income for hyh
- Recruit, train, develop and assist fundraising volunteers to support activities when required.
- Manage relationships with all supporters, stewarding them where possible to become long-term supporters of hyh with a maximum life-time value.
- In collaboration with the Fundraising and Communications Manager, contribute to a strategic plan for digital growth, to generate significant net income, awareness and support for hyh.
- Ensure that all activities are cost effective as possible, monitoring expenditure to ensure the best possible ROI and profit
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working within a Communications Environment
- Proven experience of copywriting and video editing skills to create impactful comms material
- Experience of building collaborative relationships within social media channels
- An excellent understanding of online giving and digital channels
- A commitment to undertake training where required and an enthusiasm for new challenges and experiences
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Experience of the charity sector (Desirable)
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics (Desirable)
- Communications degree (Desirable)
- Practical experience of using a CRM database to support relationship management (Desirable)
- Experience of working with the media and/or influencers (Desirable)
- Excellent communicator in formal and informal communications, both verbally and in writing, to all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and communicate sensitively;
- Understanding of the best use of digital platforms to increase awareness, engagement and donations for hyh
- Effective time management and resilience skills to resolve conflicting priorities and ability to deliver to deadlines
- Approachable, creative, ‘can-do’, flexible attitude
- Excellent relationship management skills, with ability to motivate and inspire others
- Creative thinking, imaginative and entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Good numerical skills
- IT literate with experience of CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook.
- Good understanding of the principles of fundraising
- Understanding of database query, and reporting (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Canva, Mailchimp and Hootsuite (Desirable)
- Understanding of the issues of youth homelessness (Desirable)
- Highly motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- A commitment to hyh’s values namely; professional, passionate, responsive and collaborative
- Willingness to work flexibly where required
- A full driving licence
If you are hardworking, conscientious and take pride in doing a job well, then we would like to hear from you.
Upon receipt of your CV, should you be successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview.
- Closing date: 6th August 2021
- 1st Interviews: 18th August 2021
- 2nd Interviews: 25th August 2021
- Personal Interviews: 27th August 2021
Should you not receive a response within ten working days, please deem your application to be unsuccessful.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or young adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as part of Herts Young Homeless’ pre-employment checks.
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation and GDPR. hr inspire Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
hr inspire promises to act with the upmost integrity and respect when it comes to handling your data.
Please note: By submitting your details in relation to this role you are giving us permission to submit your application to the employer as well as providing your expressed permission to retain your information on our recruiter database of job seeking professionals to contact regarding other similar opportunities handled by our team of in-house Consultants for the next 2 years.
If you wish for us to remove your data from our CRM at any time, please contact us and we will action your request