Providing advice, guidance and support vulnerable young people aged 18-24 years. This role may include working with those in crisis, and / or those at risk of immediate homelessness.
To manage an effective and successful sub-contract and delivery of a floating support contract across Hertfordshire. Floating support assists vulnerable young people to set up and or / sustain their tenancies thus helping to prevent repeat homelessness. You will provide housing advice and support, including information on the relevant benefits and will assist them to identify other support needs, including mental health issues, offending behaviour, issues around family breakdown, neighbourhood disputes, behavioural problems, anti-social behaviour and parenting support. You will help co-ordinate a solution focused action plan that involves other agencies as needed and encourages the young person to take responsibility for all areas of their lives and promote healthy, successful outcomes that are holistic, yet realistic.
Benefits of working for hyh:
- 25 days per annum pro rata increasing by one day a year after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 28 days (in addition to Bank & Public holidays)
- An additional day annual leave to have your birthday off
- Contribution of 5% of basic salary to The People’s Pension on behalf of the staff member
- Group Life Insurance benefit of 4 times salary
- Complete Employee Assisted Programme offering legal advice, financial counselling and up to eight face to face sessions of counselling support for issues affecting mental health
- Monthly draws to win either “lunch on your manager” or a “leave work early” token
- A comprehensive Induction to hyh and your role
- One to one supervision with your line manager every 4-6 weeks
- Ongoing training relevant to your role
How to apply for this role:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your CV along with a covering letter or statement to us. The covering letter or statement must outline how you feel you meet the person specification criteria on the job description, and it must be a one page document of between 250 to 500 words. If you have any questions regarding the role or wish to discuss it with us, please contact a member of the team as we will be happy to help.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 1st February 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.