Hours per week: 22.5 or 30 (flexible to what suits the candidate)
Salary for 22.5 per week: £18,243 - £19.459 (£30,000 - £32,000 FTE)
Salary for 30 hours per week: £24,324 - £25,945 (£30,000 - £32,000 FTE)
Are you passionate about fundraising? Perhaps you are currently an individual giving officer and would like to step into a management position? We would love to hear from you!
Hybrid working - option to work from home up to 2 days per week
Life Insurance Scheme
An additional annual leave day on your Birthday
Monthly draws to win ‘lunch on your manager’ or ‘leave work early’
Comprehensive induction to HYH and your role
Ongoing training relevant to your role
Employee Assistance Programme - support with wellbeing & personal struggles
Herts Young Homeless work with 16-24 year olds who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, those aged 10-15 whose families are at risk of relationship breakdown and those aged 18+ who are in housing need and have mental health and substance misuse problems.
The Fundraising Manager will:
- Contribute to hyh’s overall Fundraising strategy as a member of the Fundraising Team
- Manage a portfolio of existing supporters, providing exceptional supporter care and building relationships, stewarding and nurturing existing donors
- Improve supporter retention and maximise donors’ lifetime value to hyh
- Manage and develop the use of hyh’s CRM effectively to segment data and make insight-led decisions
- Acquire and develop new donors through solicitation and stewardship plans using a supporter journey programme to build engagement and loyalty
- Inspire, motivate and develop the team’s staff and volunteer workforce and maximise their contribution
- Develop all marketing and comms materials through digital and other channels to deliver the programme
- Line manage the Digital Communications Officer
- Deputise for the Head of Fundraising & Communications as required.
- Relevant charity fundraising experience with understanding of supporter acquisition and retention, supporter journey development and understanding of emotional and behavioural motivations for giving.
- Successful track record of generating income and achieving targets
- Experience of developing fundraising or communications initiatives to achieve targets
- Proven ability to engage, inspire and motivate individuals to donate through any chosen channel, with an excellent understanding of online giving and digital channels
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Preparing and monitoring income and expenditure budgets, financial projections and financial management information
- Excellent communicator in formal and informal communications, both verbally and in writing, to all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and communicate sensitively; negotiating effectively to generate support among people from diverse backgrounds and all levels
- Strong analytical and methodical IT skills
- Approachable, creative, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent relationship management skills, with ability to motivate and inspire others
- Creative thinking, imaginative and entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Good numerical skills
- Experience line managing at least one person - desirable but not essential
If you are hardworking, conscientious and take pride in doing a job well, then we would like to hear from you.
If you are shortlisted, an initial interview will be arranged followed by a second (final) interview stage if you are successful.
*please submit a cover letter with your CV or your application may not be successful*
We treat everyone with equal dignity and respect, and promote equal opportunity for all and challenge any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any person on the grounds of race, colour, sex, marital status, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or any other perceived difference.