Fixed Term Contract: for 18 months (however further funding is anticipated)
Providing advice, guidance and support to vulnerable care leavers aged 18 to 25 (primarily 18 to 21 year olds) with a significant identified housing need. This role will include leading; co-ordinating and implementing a clear plan of support to ensure care leavers with significant identified housing needs have their needs met.
To work closely with statutory and non-statutory partners to promote positive working, and develop pathways that ensure positive housing outcomes and support for vulnerable care leavers. This will include setting up / sustaining tenancies to prevent repeat homelessness. Assessing and identify all support needs and overcome barriers to ensure access to relevant services.
The ability to build positive relationships with both young people and partner agencies is paramount.
Benefits of working for hyh:
- 25 days per annum pro rata increasing by one day a year after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 28 days (in addition to Bank & Public holidays)
- An additional day annual leave to have your birthday off
- Contribution of 3% of basic salary to The People’s Pension on behalf of the staff member
- Group Life Insurance benefit of 4 times salary
- Monthly draws to win either “lunch on your manager” or a “leave work early” token
- A comprehensive Induction to hyh and your role
- One to one supervision with your line manager every 4-6 weeks
- Ongoing training relevant to your role
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
Closing date: 5pm - Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Please note we do not accept CV's, if you wish to apply please visit our website and download the short application form.
If you have any questions regarding the role or wish to discuss it with us please contact a member of the team as we will be happy to help.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.