Herts Young Homeless is recruiting for a Live-In Accommodation Worker to join their team!
Position Purpose and key responsibilities:
- Provide advice, guidance and support to vulnerable young people aged 18-30 years, who are working towards independent living
- To create and establish a considerate and empowering environment where those living in the home take responsibility for themselves, their “fellow tenants” and their journey towards independent living.
- You will help co-ordinate a solution focused action plan that involves other agencies as needed and encourages the young person to take responsibility for all areas of their lives and promote healthy, successful outcomes that are holistic, yet realistic.
- You will support them to achieve a successful move on. You will also be instrumental in ensuring that those living in the house accept and abide by the house rules.
- You will have at least two years’ experience of working with people with housing related issues in a Floating Support, Outreach or an accommodation based setting.
- Ability to engage and communicate with young people, family members, professionals and volunteers
- Good level of literacy and numeracy with the ability to carry out administrative tasks as appropriate to the role
- Ability to work effectively with a full and varied workload with conflicting deadlines
- Highly motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent understanding of confidentiality with strict professional boundaries and professional integrity
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Excellent understanding of boundaries and its importance in the role
- Flexible person with ability to work under pressure
- IT literacy including excel, word and outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with colleague and partners at all organisational levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade a wide range of individuals and audiences
- A Full driving licence and use of own car or motorbike for business purposes
- Knowledge of benefits, employment opportunities and training for young people
- Knowledge of Housing Legislation
- Knowledge of The Children Act 1989
- Experience of working in an educational or training environment (statutory or voluntary)
If you are hardworking, conscientious and take pride in doing a job well, then we would like to hear from you.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or young adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as part of Herts Young Homeless’ pre-employment checks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.