Looking to expand your experience and knowledge in health and social care? Come and join Hestia in this brand-new and exciting role as part of an incredibly passionate team.
We are Hestia, a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. This year will mark our 50th anniversary so it is an exciting time to join us!
The Performance and Development Directorate drives the quality assurance of current delivery and seeks to achieve continuous improvement and innovation to optimise outcomes for our services users.
As Business Development Manager - Health & Property and senior member of the Business Development Team, you will help us explore opportunities for growth, develop existing services, and strategically build and manage relationships with new and existing partners. With experience in building relationships to secure new income routes, this role will specifically focus on engaging our national health service colleagues and housing partners.
Not only will you have the option to work from home on certain days, you will also have the option to develop innovative new service ideas and build community relationships as well as attend community events.
Hestia offer a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression.
In everything we do, we seek to be: respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous and if these values resonate with you, please apply.
We welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Hestia is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Strictly no agencies
- Experience of driving strong income growth via different channels including at least one of the following: local authorities, NHS Trusts, CCGs, GP Federations, regional and national health bodies and/or grant giving institutions (essential)
- Experience working with, or within housing associations or the housing sector (desirable)
- Natural ability to create and nurture new, high-value strategic partnerships
- Knowledge and understanding of health commissioning
- A track record of developing new business from inception to delivery using a collaborative approach
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Strong influencing and communication skills (both written and spoken), comfortable operating in a range of environments and across levels of seniority
- Basic research and analysis experience
- Experience of developing and/or managing services for people affected by a crisis
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
Hours: 39 hours per week(all Managers may need to undertake on call duties during out of hours, for which they will be remunerated in addition to their salary).
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, Flexi-time (core hours 10.00-16.00)
Hestia supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. We campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, we support people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis. We are supported by more than 460 volunteers who provide specialist skills such as art therapy yoga, IT, gardening, cooking as well as befriending and fundraising.
We are proud to be the home of UK SAYS NO MORE, bringing together a diverse coalition of individuals, charities, businesses and public-sector organisations to campaign for an end to the domestic abuse and sexual violence.
In everything we do, we seek to be: respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.