How to apply
Divisional Finance Manager
Hft is a national charity that’s been supporting people with learning disabilities since 1962. We put the people we support at the centre of everything we do and use our experience to work in partnership with them to provide personalised services to more than 3,000 people.
Position: Divisional Finance Manager
Location: Emersons Green, Bristol, with travel
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £35k per annum + car allowance
Closing date: Thursday 11 July 2019
Interview date: Monday 15 July 2019
About the role:
As a Social Care provider we are facing challenging times. In response to the changing landscape across the learning disability sector, we have developed our business strategy, which provides a framework detailing how we run our business support activities, processes and systems across the organisation. We are recruiting skilled and enthusiastic finance professionals to help us deliver the vision.
This is your opportunity to join an organisation that welcomes creative ideas based on sound judgement and experience and allows for growth and efficiency. This role supports one of the trading divisions and will be part of a wider team that is fully engaged in helping the organisation’s managers to achieve key efficiencies as well as driving cultural change. In addition to this you will be a support the divisional operations management team to improve its delivery of analysis and insight and support the organisation’s delivery of financial sustainability, performance targets and outstanding services.
You will provide timely and effective support, with challenge where necessary, whilst also maintaining responsibility for a robust financial controls and compliance framework. A key element of the role will be to support Operations with process development, commercial support and business cases which necessitates a complete understanding of how service operations works.
You must be a credible and persuasive finance professional with experience in a similar role including process and systems implementation. You will hold a professional finance qualification and must be able to travel across your division which may include overnight stays.
As a Divisional Finance Manager you will:
- Support the management teams in the analysis of the monthly results and KPI’s ensuring accurate and timely information is provided
- Support the management teams with their realistic and robust budgets and forecasts based on accurate information for fee hours and staff costs
- Proactively review finance processes and controls to drive continuous improvements both in services and in Central Support
- Provide expert finance support to divisional teams
- Support management in decision making for investments with cost / benefit analysis and ROI
- Ensure robust controls are maintained to minimise risk
- Support divisional teams with negotiations and decision making
- Create and maintain productive relationships with Finance teams in Local Authorities
- Engage with, and support, cross functional project teams at a local and central level
- Undertake finance-based risk audits for fiscal compliance
- Support fraud investigations
- Provide feedback on systems improvements and risks to central finance team
- Provide learning and development initiatives for service staff to enhance understanding and engagement
We need you to have:
- A relevant accountancy qualification
- Good / excellent excel skills (but not at the expense of communication and commerciality)
- A strong work ethic
- A driving licence
- Resilience and common sense
- The ability to communicate with non-financial staff at all levels of the organisation
As our Divisional Finance Manager, we will offer you a:
- Genuine opportunity to play an important part in the sustainability of the Trust
- Varied and challenging role with real prospects
- Competitive salary for a 35 hour week
- Car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Up to 25 day’s holiday
- Private health cover
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
You may have experience of the following: Divisional Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Finance Manager, Senior Accountant, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.