Finance Assistant (Sales Ledger)
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
This is a small team so you have the opportunity to be involved in systems and development projects, should you wish, and you will always know that you are helping support people with learning difficulties to live their best possible life.
The Finance Assistant will support the team by ensuring that the sales transactions are completely and accurately recorded, and that queries are resolved quickly.
Sales Ledger / Credit Control Duties:
- Daily allocation of receipts from multiple funding streams to customer accounts
- Supporting treasury team with daily coding of receipts
- Reconciliation of cash receipt and refund control accounts
- Support Credit Controller in identifying under/over payments and raising queries with appropriate party
- Manage receipt queries with local authorities
- Liaise with Contracts team for invoicing issues
- Liaise with Local Service teams for manual invoicing and receipt issues
- Reconciliation of customer accounts to assist timely Credit Control
- Support Sales Ledger Manager with month end tasks
You will be proficient user of Microsoft Office suite and a working knowledge of accruals would be helpful but not essential
Salary: £19,000 to £20,000 pa (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Permanent Full time, 37.5 hours
Location: Emersons Green, Bristol
What we Offer
Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also, an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options. Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status. Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme. 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays). A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Closing date: 30th June 2020
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance, Finance Officer, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Bookkeeper, Invoicing, Reconciliation, Purchase Ledger, etc