Finance Business Partner
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting 2,900 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
Our Finance department works collaboratively with its stakeholders, actively looking for opportunities to improve its delivery of analysis and insight to support the organisation’s delivery of financial sustainability, performance targets and outstanding services.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will build trust, credibility and rapport with key stakeholders. You will develop and provide analytical insight and targeted reporting to further improve the businesses understanding of financial performance. As well as supporting the budgeting process to ensure robust budgets are produced at a service level and overall.
You will utilise your financial expertise to support and influence the operations team in such a way they are able to understand financial performance and make optimal financial decisions
Salary: £30 - 40k pa dependant on experience
Hours: Permanent, Full time, 35 hours
What we Offer
Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also, an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options. Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status. Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme. 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff). Private Health Cover, A contributory pension scheme & life assurance. Free DBS Check
Requirements for the role:
• Have experience of working in a finance business partnering role with a commercial and pragmatic outlook, balancing financial targets with competing priorities.
• Be a good relationship builder, who is supportive, able to build rapport and work collaboratively with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• Be a Qualified accountant - CIMA/ ACCA/ACA
• Have strong analytical and interpretation skills with an ability to sport trends and make commercial judgments where appropriate
• Be organised and thorough, with an attention to detail and see things through to completion
• Have experience of budgeting and forecasting, be able to work with stakeholders to deliver a budget in line with expectations
• Be able to coach non-finance stakeholders, explaining financial issues in a simple way
• Be able to challenge in a constructive way
• Be resilient and flexible, and be able to deal with changing and competing priorities
• Have Advanced Excel and other Microsoft office skills
• Have a willingness to travel to support key operations stakeholders as needed
Closing date: Wednesday 21st October 2020
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience or an interest in the following: Finance Business Partner, Finance Manager, Financial Business Partner, Accountant, Financial Reporting, Financial Management, Head of Finance, Senior Accountant, Management Accountant, Corporate Accountant, Financial Controller, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, Not for Profit, NFP, Charity, Third Sector etc.