Systems Support Manager
Find your place with us and help change lives.
Hft is a national charity and a leading force in supporting people with learning disabilities and their families. A truly nationwide organisation, we support over 2,500 people through innovative, person-centred services with a strong focus on promoting independence.
The systems support manager will lead, motivate, manage and develop all staff within the defined Business Systems function and ensure that all functions are managed within the overall aims and objectives of Hft and that all actions taken are in line with Policies, Procedures, Budgets, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
You will develop and improve the IT Services in partnership with Hft staff, stakeholders and Persons we Support ensuring the effective and appropriate use of all resources, playing a key part in the management and delivery of the IT Business Systems function working with colleagues to analyse problems and develop solutions which support and improve operational effectiveness.
Be the Master Data Custodian of Hft’s Master Data assets across key systems. Ensuring Master Data is understood, used and shared across Hft preventing errors and meeting quality standards.
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Working from home will be part of the role along with possible travel to Hft sites
What we Offer
Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also, an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options. Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status. Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme. 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays). A contributory pension scheme & life assurance.
You will have experience managing a team of skilled IT staff providing key infrastructure and systems support to a large organisation.
You will have:
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Extensive Systems Query Language (SQL) Query development for processes and reporting
• Experience of using Microsoft SQL RDBMS
• Experience of management / administration of an Microsoft SQL RDBMS
• Experience of reporting tools such as SRSS, Crystal Reports
• Experience of data manipulation and conversion between disparate systems
• Experience of project management using PRINCE2 or APM methodologies
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the demonstrable ability to deliver results and build relationship with colleagues and key stakeholders
The following are desirable but not essential.
• Experience of CoreHR application product portfolio
• Experience of Access Dimensions Finance system
• Experience of FocalPoint purchase ordering system
• Experience of working in the social care sector
Closing date: Monday 1st February 2021
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience or an interest in the following: Systems Support Manager, IT Manager, IT Support Manager, Escalations Manager, Senior IT Support, ITIL, Incident Manager, Helpdesk Manager, IT Operations Manager, SQL, PRINCE2, SRSS Third Sector, Charity, Not for Profit, NFP etc.