This role is remote/home based and we welcome applications from across the UK*
The Executive Assistant Volunteer will support the Board of Hidayah. This role will have the following duties, but are not limited to:
- Triage the emails coming through the inbox (Google Mail)
- Complete administrative tasks for the Board, which will require a good knowledge of Mac and Microsoft Office based packages
- Work alongside the Chair on external and internal focused projects
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees
- Coordinate and administer board meetings for Trustees
- Complete administration for the Trustee’s expenses
- Organise travel and accommodation where needed supplying clear itineraries
- Take on other additional projects, as directed by the Chair
What is the purpose of the role?
As an Executive Assistant Volunteer you will work independently with the direction of the board to ensure the administration running of the charity runs smoothly and efficiently.
How much commitment is required?
We are flexible around your own schedule. We do have regular catch ups with all volunteers to speak about workloads. We envisage this role taking 3 hours a week (working on specific tasks will take more time) depending how comfortable you are in the role and appreciate that it may take some people longer to fulfill tasks.
What training do I need for this role?
We require all volunteers to read, agree and sign the following policies:
- Adult Safeguarding Policy;
- Data Protection Policy and Procedures (GDPR);
- Equality and Diversity Policy;
- Any other policies as relevant and once ratified by the Board Members;
- The Board Members may require specific training or DBS checks at later dates.
What do we expect from an Executive Assistant?
Please note that you must agree with and fit the criteria below to be eligible to volunteer in this role:
- A self-starter who can volunteer with minimal supervision;
- Friendliness, enthusiasm, dedication, responsiveness, flexibility and eagerness in supporting the aims, vision and mission of Hidayah;
- Reliable and regular volunteer;
- A team-player
- An understanding of all groups functioning within the remit of what they can do as set down by the Hidayah Board Members
- Ability to understand confidentiality, equality and diversity and safeguarding procedures;
- Ability to respond to resolving conflict situations if needed;
- Someone who can behave with professionalism.
- To regularly check, maintain and keep up to date Hidayah administration and data handling systems such as using Google Drive to store information
- To be part of a communications text group to keep up to date with Hidayah developments and to inform the Board Members of any developments;
- To check emails regularly and to respond when needed; including informing the relevant board member of any emails that need to be replied to ASAP
- To read new Hidayah policies and initiatives and to be aware of new Hidayah news;
- To read, understand and agree with the constitution of Hidayah (available on website).
- To have previous experience of being an executive assistant will be beneficial
- You must be 18+ and live in the UK
What benefits do I get from this role?
- A feeling of making a difference to LGBT+ Muslims and the feeling of being part of an organisation which seeks social justice for LGBT+ Muslims. You can be part of that change;
- A warm and approachable Board member to support you as you volunteer at the other end of the phone;
- A reference for your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.