HLSI is looking for a creative, resourceful, commercially-aware and professional Operations Manager.
The Highgate Literary & Scientific Institution is a centre for educational, cultural and social renewal. A lending library, a programme of weekly lectures and an archive have been integral to the membership of HLSI since its establishment in 1839. Activities now also include adult education courses, debates, concerts, film screenings and art exhibitions, all open to both members and the public. The historic Grade 2 listed building also hosts weddings, fairs and other events. HLSI is at the centre of the area’s varied cultural and social life and is one of the very few such institutions remaining in the country.
Reporting to the President, and with the help of a small team, the Operations Manager will:
- take full responsibility for the administration of HLSI and the overall management of the building and the employees
- manage its operations cost-effectively and efficiently, creating and maintaining a welcoming and safe environment
- support the strategy and policies of the management team
- ensure financial transactions and purchases are managed correctly
- ‘be the face’ of HLSI to members and public
- promote engagement with, and membership of, the Institution
To be our Operations Manager, you will be able to demonstrate:
- management experience in a professional or voluntary environment with the ability to develop a collaborative team
- excellent interpersonal skills with a range of people including volunteers and the public
- personal integrity and creativity in problem-solving
- excellent communication skills, numeracy and accuracy
- a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
- experience of managing finances and developing budgets
Application deadline: midday Monday, 27 September 2021
First interviews: 7 October 2021
Second interviews: 16 October 2021
Applications must be on the attached application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form. Please note that CVs are not accepted.