Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over400 new affordable homes each year
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Manager at one of our registered care schemes in Newton Longville. We are lookingfor a caring, enthusiastic individual who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. We providehigh-quality careand support to adults with learning and physical disabilities.
Your role as an Assistant Manager will be to support the management team to ensure the home runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis and you will be involved in moving the service forwards and developing new ideas. You will help provide supervision, coaching and support and take a hands on approach to care and support management.
- be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services.
- have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and will ideally have experience of supervising staff.
- Have a `can-do` attitude and driven by the desire to make a difference
- have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
This is a fantastic development opportunity for anyone aspiring to be a Scheme Manager.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £26,034 pa
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- - Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search
During the pandemic we are following Government guidance regarding reducing transmission rates.
This means we are taking every precaution to keep you and everyone involved safe during the recruitment process.
From 11th November 2021, all new recruits to this care home will have to demonstrate that they have had a full course of an MHRA approved COVID-19 vaccine or are medically exempt from the requirement are eligible to work in the care home. These matters can be discussed at interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.