Raise us up!
Are you an experienced fundraiser looking to give something back to the community? Are you talented at raising money and looking for another opportunity to utilise your skills? Well, look no further because Samaritans could be the right volunteering choice for you.
Hillingdon Samaritans is a charity made up of local volunteers. We are dedicated to providing confidential emotional support to people whose life is in crisis. Our aim is that by listening to them and supporting them, we can help them once again cope with life’s challenges.
Fundraising volunteers are vital to every branch of Samaritans. Although we are part of the national organisation, as a branch we are a separate independently constituted charity responsible for our own premises, running costs, local initiatives and promotion.
The Fundraising Volunteer role
The role involves the following:
- Work with other volunteers in the branch to investigate and apply for sources of funding from appropriate, grant giving Trusts, statutory funders and local businesses;
- Work with other volunteers to create a strong fundraising message and design any relevant material pertaining to a fundraising campaign;
- Work with other volunteers to maintain records and provide reports to funders on projects they are funding, if/when required;
- Liaise with other branches in the region for joint fundraising initiatives and share fundraising ideas;
- Reflect on the success of a fundraising campaign.
Qualities and Experience
- Fundraising experience desirable;
- Enthusiastic and committed;
- Friendly and approachable;
- Willingness to learn about our mission and values;
- A good team player;
- Ability to communicate with people from all walks of life at all levels.
This is an opportunity to:
- Positively affect the work of Samaritans by raising money to support the running of the Hillingdon branch;
- Meet new people from all walks of life at all levels;
- Give something back to the local community by volunteering for a key service;
- Develop your own skills and confidence.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.