Our Finance Department is looking for a Mangament Accountant to join our growing team and Church. The Ideal canidate will be responsible for supporting the CFO and Finance Manager in the management of the financial and accounting aspects of Hillsong UK, with a focus on Financial Performance and Analysis, including budgeting and forecasting, detailed analysis and reporting.
Areas of responsibility include:
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Developing and maintaining robust financial models to inform good management decision making processes and allow financially responsible planning
- Lead the annual budgeting process in conjunction with Finance team, taking guidance from senior management and liaising with all areas of organisation
- Provide regular forecast and planning data and information, in line with changing and developing needs of organisation
Financial Performance and Analysis
- Identification, analysis and research of variances to forecasts, budget and prior years, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement in operational processes
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances to budget / forecast
- Detailed understanding of all income streams, including production of in-depth analysis and management information to best equip management decision making. This includes accurate forecasting.
- Working with wider Finance team to ensure income systems and processes are continually improved and delivered to high standard
- Continually analyse and report on quality of data in ERP / ledger, working with Finance Manager to maintain high quality systems and accounting processes
- Management of costs and forecasts for large capital projects, including liaising with project management teams / leaders
- Manage treasury functions with Finance Manager, taking responsibility for cash forecasts
- Production of various reports to understand, analyse and provide recommendations on areas of operational and financial management.
Management Accounting and Information
- Working with the Finance Manager, collate regular management information for reporting to senior executive and other department managers
- Monthly reports on income, variance analysis etc, prepared for executive and board levels.
- Detailed analysis summarised and presented as logical and structured management information
- Other management reporting as and when required
- Work with Finance Manager and Operations Manager to equip all areas of organisation, ensuring Department Heads have sufficient information and analysis to drive decision making.
- Provide variance analysis and financial performance feedback to all areas of organisation
- Provide support to other Departments with financial management as needed.
Management of Finance Team
- Supporting Finance Manager to train and develop finance team
- Responsible for being income processes including ability to provide support to Giving Manager
SKILL & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience in an accounting role within a professional environment
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Experience in analysis and preparing financial information for reports and presentation, including ability to summarise complex data
- Ability and passion for structure, simplicity and efficiency required for logical, well-structured models and reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- High attention to detail and ability to meet assigned deadlines with accurateness
- Comfortable working with various deadlines and multiple projects at the same time, delivering consistently in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail including ability to self-review and maintain accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate financial information to non-financial peers
- Able to take initiative and self-manage your own workload
Why work for Hillsong Church?
We work in a dynamic, growing, Christ-centred environment that is influencing the world.
We’re always looking for people to join our team! We have a range of exciting employment opportunities spanning various occupations, capabilities, and skill levels. Turn your passion for God into a career that builds the local and global church.
Employees at Hillsong are offered some great benefits including:
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays PLUS additional leave for office closure on the days between Christmas and New Year
- Enhanced Company Maternity leave
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Flexible working including hybrid working from home where possible
- Annual staff retreat at offsite location
- In-house learning and development with access to resources via online platform for enhancing personal and professional skills
- Opportunity to apply for financial and leave support for external study programs and qualifications
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs, including health, wellbeing, and other support available. Specialist wellbeing resources and support available.
- Health Intervention program offering opportunity to be referred to professional health services.
- Interest free Season Ticket and Bike2Work loans
In accordance with the Equality Act there is a requirement to have an active faith in Jesus demonstrated by an involvement in a local church.
If this sounds like you, we would love for you to apply today!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.