Helpforce are currently seeking a Programme Manager to lead programmes that support health and care organisations to develop and scale-up innovative volunteer-led solutions. With a detailed understanding of the Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise (VCSE) sectors, you will play a key role in facilitating greater collaboration between VCSE & Statutory providers (NHS Trusts, Primary Care, Local Councils) with a focus on services that are delivered in the community.
Working with the Director of Volunteering you will ensure the programme is impactful and evidence-based. This work is done by identifying the vision, scope and resources to accelerate the growth and impact of volunteering in health and care.
Increasingly as Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) come into being, NHS Trusts need to develop their roles as anchor organisations in the local communities in which they are based. Supporting them to do this is a critical part of the PM role.
Working more effectively with volunteers and the voluntary sector is a key aspect for how Trusts will successfully play their role as anchor organisations. As a Helpforce PM you will need to understand the different pressures that these different organisations are facing. You will be skilled at brokering relationships between these different partners so that they can effectively collaborate around how volunteers can be a key enabler or catalyst for helping build more effective collaboration at a community level. Collaboration that will build stronger, healthier, more resilient communities. Communities that ultimately can be shown to place less pressure on already stretched statutory services.
PM’s are involved in delivering a spectrum of support from helping an organisation set up a single volunteering role/ initiative through to more complex programmes of work such as the implementation of an integrated pathway of volunteering services which takes volunteering right into the heart of an organisation, challenging stakeholders perceptions of what volunteering can achieve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple programmes in line with strategic goals, milestones and budget.
- Facilitating, coaching and enabling health and care stakeholders to accelerate the growth of volunteering.
- Facilitate relationship building between statutory and VCSE partners through identifying shared needs and priorities.
- Expand and seek product development opportunities to grow the programme and the organisation’s assets.
- Co-produce innovative solutions with the team and with other health and care organisations.
- Support the management and development of networks that increase and promote accelerating the growth and impact of volunteering.
- Consult, collaborate and promote Helpforce’s programmes with external organisations.
- Completion of additional project work as required.
- Engagement with major stakeholders, funders, partner organisations and experts.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Knowledge & Skills required
- Leading/facilitating of meetings/ workshops evidence of co-design experience and strong collaboration skills
- Creativity to develop engaging materials as part of developing service products
- Very comfortable using digital tools - this is key to how we work, you will be using tools such as Google Suite & Salesforce CRM regularly
- Ability to build relationships which are critical in securing the strategic objectives of the business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to engage successfully with a wide range of people at all levels within the organisation
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Product development lifecycle
- Experience of working in voluntary & community settings and able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the role of Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations in building healthier communities that place less pressure on statutory health and care providers
- Managing relationships and stakeholders up to a senior executive level
- Managing products and services through a design cycle.
- Leading on, working collaboratively with and engage colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Consulting/coaching clients to enable them to solve/ improve business/ service issues/troubleshooting
- Leading and managing complex programmes/projects
- Qualification in Prince2 or equivalent(MSP); Scrum Product Owner Certification; Coaching/Professional Consulting qualification; Leadership qualification desirable.
Face to face interviews will take place in London on July 13th. The role is based remotely, travel to London once a month for team meetings is essential.
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 PA