Deputy Manager (Residential Care)
Are you a Deputy Manager who understands the challenges young people face in day to day life? Do you have previous supervisory experience? Do you like the idea of working for a business who offer therapeutic and non-restraint support to young people?
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to join their friendly and professional team where you will support the Residential Manager with the management of the home and supervise the team to achieve the most effective outcomes for their young people.
You will be based within their Residential Home based in West Kirby working shifts over a 37.5 hour, 7 day working rota, consisting of earlies, lates and occasional sleep ins so flexibility is required.
- Competitive salary (£22,491 - £26,003, dependant on experience)
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Enhanced company pension
- Enhanced sick pay
- Life Assurance (2x annual salary)
- Paid Induction (Running over 7 days)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Excellent Learning and Development (Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management)
- Refer a Friend Scheme (£500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
As a Deputy Manager you will:
- Work as a team in their residential home to support 4/5 young people in their care.
- Help plan rotas for the staff team and conduct monthly supervisions.
- Support the team with their learning and development ensuring all the relevant training and inductions are completed.
- Assist the Residential Manager in managing safeguarding and health and safety matters.
- Work alongside and be supported by a multi-disciplinary team including Nurses, Psychologists and Psychiatrists to ensure they achieve the best possible outcomes for their young people.
As a Deputy Manager you will have:
- Full UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Previous experience working with young people with mental health needs
- A minimum of 12 months supervisory experience
- An understanding of CQC and/or Ofsted requirements
- Hold a Level 3 in Health and Social care or equivalent
- Flexibility to work a 7-day rota, completing early and late shift patterns alongside occasional sleep ins for which an additional payment is made.
- A compassionate personality, remaining calm, resilient, and understanding of the issues & challenges our young people face.
Due to the current climate regarding Covid-19, all interviews are now taking place as a Video/Audio Interview over Microsoft Teams.
Training will be carried out at the beginning of each month over 7 days covering First Aid, Safeguarding and Therapeutic Risk Management and breakaway techniques. This is paid for along with travel expenses.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 28th May 2020, so if you are interested in developing and supporting young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please ensure you apply before this date.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Deputy Care Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Deputy Residential Home Manager, Nurse, Nursing, Registered Nurse, Charity, Not for Profit.