FASD Helpline Advisor
Salary: £24, 000 FTE
Hours of work: Part Time – 24 hours Tuesday to Friday
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a good understanding of issues around adoption, foster care kinship care and Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. You need to be flexible and adaptable and have excellent administrative skills with a great telephone manner
Helpline Advisor Responsibilities:
• Be responsible for operating a helpline and support service which includes online support.
• Be responsible for administrative duties to support the ongoing work and delivery of FASD Hub Scotland services
• Contribute to the design and development of training materials and resources. They will assist in training or webinar delivery sessions.
• Be responsible for the designing, planning and inputting of information and resources for social media accounts that advised and informs the needs of individuals accessing FASD Hub Scotland services.
Helpline Advisor Requirements:
• Good standard of education
• Significant experience in administrative tasks
• An excellent understanding/knowledge of managing social media platforms
• Experience of working in a helpline environment and using a range of IT applications that support customer based services
About our client:
They are the leading charity providing support, awareness and understanding for those parenting or supporting children who cannot live with their birth parents.
Created over 40 years ago by adopters for adopters; now with over 7000 members they provide a strong supportive community and the largest voice of adoption in the UK. Their community is connected by the need to understand the challenges of adoptive parents and to celebrate the rewards together.
They work closely with their colleagues in local authorities and voluntary agencies to provide the best support, and have recently become Ofsted registered.
They are required to comply with a pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees. Prospective employees are to meet the following requirements;
• Provide eligibility to work in the UK and identity documentation
• Complete a satisfactory employment/education history check
• Complete a satisfactory basic PVG disclosure check
Pension provision equivalent to 3% of salary, 25 days’ annual holiday rising to 31 with length of service, Enhanced entitlement to sick pay, Enhanced entitlements to maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay after a qualifying period.
Closing date: 28 October 2020 with interviews expected to be week commencing 02 November
They retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Officer, Call Centre, Contact Centre, Call Centre Operative, Contact Centre Operative, Helpline, Helpline Advisor, etc.