Are you a Finance Assistant looking for your next career move? Do you like the idea of working for a leading provider of Mental Healthcare Packages? Are you interested in working within a close-knit team?
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join their friendly and professional team based within their Head Office in Stockport, where you will support the Finance Team by processing petty cash and raising monthly sales invoices amongst all other finance duties.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary (£19,012.50 - £21,059.93 dependant on experience)
- Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch break (37.5 hour working week)
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced Superior company pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free on-site parking
- Paid DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
- The opportunity for internal promotions
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
As a Finance Assistant you will:
- Process petty cash on a weekly basis and assist with quarterly visits to the homes for petty cash audits.
- Carry out bank reconciliations on Sage
- Be responsible for raising monthly sales invoices
- Provide information to the management accountant for reports
- Be responsible for managing the utilities accounts for each home
- Assist with the purchase ledger as required
- Support with the processing and administration of payroll as required
- Participate in covering reception on a rota during periods of leave and sickness
As a Finance Assistant you will:
- Be educated at GCSE Grade C or above in Maths (Or equivalent)
- Be an AAT student
- Have experienced using Sage 50
- Be able to prioritise workload and have experience working within a Finance Department
- Have great attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Understand confidentiality and exercise discretion throughout your role
- Establish effective working relationships with staff and managers
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Packages (Spreadsheets, Databases, Email, Word Processing)
- Be able to plan workload and work under pressure
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience of processing payroll
- Experience of working within the Healthcare Industry
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please get in touch today.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 26th March so please ensure you apply before this date.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant , Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable Assistant, AAT, Accounting Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance, Finance Officer, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Bookkeeper, Invoicing, Reconciliation, Purchase Ledger, Graduate etc