Health & Safety Lead
Our clent has a strong commitment to Health and Safety. The Health & Safety lead will ensure their health and safety practices are fit for purpose and reflects best practice. The role leads on the delivery of a Health and Safety strategy so that they complie with current health and safety legislation, regulation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to occupational health and safety and building safety. This is a hands on role as the health and safety lead you will translate how requirements apply to them and shape and deliver effective and proportionate solutions.
Health & Safety Lead Requirements:
• NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent qualification
• A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
• Proven experience in a similar role within an industry managing accommodation, ideally in the social housing sector
• Experienced in developing and implementation of health and safety strategies, policies, procedures and systems
• Pragmatic and collaborative approach to Health and Safety with successful track record in developing effective, user friendly procedures.
• Experience of working on own initiative with limited supervision or direction
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
They are a place where people make a difference to clients, feel valued and are supported. They have a strong sense of social responsibility, and their values, respect, empowerment, responsibility and excellence, guide everything they do.
They believe that everyone should be able to live independent and fulfilling lives. They provide housing and support for many socially excluded and vulnerable people across Surrey, in parts of Berkshire, West Sussex and the London Borough of Sutton.
Why work for them
They want to make sure their people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, they focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible.
Their benefits are great too:
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• 28 days annual leave per annum, plus bank holiday
• The opportunity to buy or sell up to five days annual leave per holiday year.
• Through their benefits platform access to wide range of discounts on everyday spends.
Their technology makes connecting with each other easy but getting face to face is something they value and is essential in this role, so you will need to be able to travel to their offices and services across Surrey and borders.
Other stuff you need to know:
They celebrate diversity and know that it is critical for their success. They work hard to make sure they're inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share their values, they want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let them know. They will be happy to help.
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey with Agile working
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 39 per week (part time hours will be considered)
Salary: £58,000 per annum plus competitive benefits
You may have experience of the following: Health & Safety Manager, Health and Safety Manager, H&S Manager, Health & Safety Coordinator, Health and Safety Coordinator, H&S Coordinator, Health & Safety Consultant, Health and Safety Consultant, H&S Consultant, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, etc.