Salary: £26,000 FTE
Hours of work: Full Time (35 hours) or 9-3 Monday to Friday (30 hours)
The HR Advisor will play an active role in all aspects of the employee and volunteer lifecycle at our client and will be initial point of contact for HR related queries. The role holder will undertake specific role-based projects and initiatives to improve the delivery of HR services and in line with the organisation’s strategy, ensuring that legislative best practice and regulations as an Adoption Support Agency are implemented and maintained.
HR Advisor Responsibilities:
• To provide support throughout the employee lifecycle including, onboarding, recruitment, learning and development, wellbeing, performance and absence management
• Ensure electronic personnel files are maintained / archived in line with GDPR guidelines and Ofsted Regulations.
• Support the HR Manager in the monthly reporting of payroll
• Develop and maintains statistical HR information that can be used for strategic consideration with analysis and recommendations as appropriate
• Calculate holiday entitlement for all employees at the start of each financial year and updating the HR database.
• Updating organisational charts.
• Assist the HR Manager on HR projects and strategy including but not limited to creation of manager guidelines/process flow charts, review and development policies and staff handbook and development of workshops on new HR processes/employment law.
•Recruitment / on-boarding
HR Advisor Requirements:
• CIPD qualified (or equivalent level) to level 3 is essential Level 5 would be highly desirable
• Up to date working knowledge of HR best practice and a thorough understanding of practical employment law, recruitment and training and development is essential
• Proven experience of working at advisor/officer level in a generalist HR environment
About our client:
They are the leading charity providing support, awareness and understanding for those parenting or supporting children who cannot live with their birth parents.
Created over 40 years ago by adopters for adopters; now with over 7000 members they provide a strong supportive community and the largest voice of adoption in the UK. Their community is connected by the need to understand the challenges of adoptive parents and to celebrate the rewards together.
They work closely with their colleagues in local authorities and voluntary agencies to provide the best support, and have recently become Ofsted registered.
They are required to comply with a pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees. You must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Provide eligibility to work in the UK and identity documentation
• Complete a satisfactory employment/education history check
• Complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Pension provision equivalent to 3% of salary, 25 days’ annual holiday (pro rata for part-time staff), rising to 31 with length of service, Enhanced entitlement to sick pay, Enhanced entitlements to maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay after a qualifying period.
Closing date is 05 November 2020 with interviews via video conferencing expected to be on or around mid November
They retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes
You may have experience of the following: HR Coordinator, HR Advisor, HR Assistant, HR Administrator, HR Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources Manager, etc.