They are an internationally renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK, with a thriving international community of over 50,000 members in 125 countries and over 600 staff. As a not-for-profit organisation, they reinvest all of our income to achieve our charitable objectives to support the chemical sciences community and advance chemistry.
Position: Intranet Administrator
Location: Cambridge (Commutable from Alconbury, Bedford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge North, Cherry Hinton, Chesterton, Ely, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Histon & Impington, Hitchin, Huntingdon, Longstanton, Milton, Newmarket, Northstowe, Oakington, Orchard-Park, Royston, Saffron Walden, Somersham, St Ives, St Neots, Stevenage, Swavesey, Waterbeach, Wyton and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Temporary (18 months)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £27,733 - £30,814 per annum plus benefits
Benefits: Excellent contributory pension scheme, generous paid holidays, learning and career development, subsidised staff restaurant (Cambridge office), staff sports and social club, free private healthcare plan, income protection scheme, critical illness insurance, life assurance, free on-site parking (Cambridge office), season ticket, car / motor cycle and cycle to work schemes, membership subscription, employee assistance programme, eye-care at work scheme, wellness initiatives, flexible work environment, employee recognition, long service awards, membership subscription to professional body and RSC, two discounted staff flats on-site (Cambridge office), Litmus reward gateway benefits and more.
Closing Date: 31 July 2020
About the role:
Do you have a passion for employee engagement and digital workplace? Are you experienced in designing, developing and managing content to provide a superior user experience? Does amazing science that tackles global problems excite you?
The RSC has an exciting opportunity to join its modern multi-award winning communications team to help shape the content of its new digital workplace platform.
Join our 600 employees worldwide and help them advance excellence in chemical sciences.
As Intranet Administrator, you will work with the Communications and Technology teams to migrate the content stored on our current platform to our new digital workplace.
• You will work with the Content Strategist to deliver the content migration strategy and ensure that the milestones are met.
• You will provide expert advice on content migration and presentation as well as hands on support to the various departments.
• You will ensure that content is fresh, accurate, relevant, well-organised, duly updated and accessible.
• You will train all Content Editors to migrate their information and build their pages in line with the content strategy and provide one on one tailored training sessions to senior members of staff.
• Working alongside the Content strategist you will draft “how to” and help guides for use by the intranet users.
Do you fit the bill?
• Do you have demonstrable experience working in administration of a website or intranet, managing, drafting and building strategic content?
• Have you successfully built accessible, user friendly and attractive content on a digital platform?
• Do you have a track record of delivering impactful training to senior members of staff?
• Do you have in depth knowledge of the Interact product?
• Can you manage conflicting responsibilities, deliver to tight deadlines, remind calm under pressure and work at a pace?
• Are you creative, positive, proactive with a can-do attitude?
If so, get in touch now.
You may have experience of the following: Intranet Administrator, Administrator, Website Administrator, HR Administrator, Marketing Administrator, Administration Assistant, Content Administrator, Intranet Content Administrator, Admin etc