Intranet Content Strategist
Our client is an internationally renowned publisher of high quality chemical science knowledge and the professional body for chemists in the UK, with a thriving international community of over 50,000 members in 125 countries and over 600 staff. As a not-for-profit organisation, they reinvest all of their income to achieve their charitable objectives to support the chemical sciences community and advance chemistry.
Position: Intranet Content Strategist
Location: Cambridge (Commutable from Alconbury, Bedford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge North, Cherry Hinton, Chesterton, Ely, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Histon & Impington, Hitchin, Huntingdon, Longstanton, Milton, Newmarket, Northstowe, Oakington, Orchard-Park, Royston, Saffron Walden, Somersham, St Ives, St Neots, Stevenage, Swavesey, Waterbeach, Wyton and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Temporary (14 months)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £40,828 - £49,899 per annum
Benefits: Excellent contributory pension scheme, generous paid holidays, learning and career development, subsidised staff restaurant (Cambridge office), staff sports and social club, free private healthcare plan, income protection scheme, critical illness insurance, life assurance, free on-site parking (Cambridge office), season ticket, car / motor cycle and cycle to work schemes, membership subscription, employee assistance programme, eye-care at work scheme, wellness initiatives, flexible work environment, employee recognition, long service awards, membership subscription to professional body, two discounted staff flats on-site (Cambridge office), Litmus reward gateway benefits and more.
Closing Date: 19 July 2020
About the role:
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join our multi-award winning communications team to help shape the content of their new digital workplace platform. This opportunity is based at their Cambridge office and is available on a temporary (14 month) full-time (35 hours per week) basis.
Join over 600 of their employees worldwide and help them advance excellence in chemical sciences.
As an Intranet Content Strategist, you will work with our Communications and Technology teams to shape a new intranet content strategy that aligns to our goals and brand values. You will carry out a detailed audit and analysis of the current intranet content and user experience to provide their employees with an exceptional experience. A true expert, you will share content architecture and strategy best practice with internal stakeholders, and lead focus groups to test proposals. You will ensure that content is fresh, inspiring, accurate, relevant, well-organised and accessible.
Knowledge and skills required in this role:
• Demonstrable experience working in content strategy and of having successfully delivered similar projects in the past.
• Degree in a communications’ related field or equivalent experience demonstrating a knowledge of Content Strategy as a discipline and of best practice.
• Evidence of developing and delivering a content strategy that reflects an organisations brand values.
• Knowledge and experience of strategic and tactical communications planning.
• Demonstrable and outstanding project management skills.
• Awareness of the importance of good UX design in the development of websites and intranets.
• Experience working in a complex organisation highly preferred.
• Highly organised and deadline driven with a proven track-record of working strategically and delivering to tight deadlines.
• Creative skills through a range of media.
• Exemplary verbal and written communications skills.
• Proactive and problem solving with a can-do attitude.
• Critical judgement, resilience, and composure under pressure.
• Experience at managing conflicting requests and priorities, as well as setting and delivering to realistic
• A desire to promote and enable the positive impact of chemistry, and science generally, on social, political,and economic issues.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now.
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Campaigns, Email Marketing, Marketing Communications, Internal Communications, Marketing Administrator, Communications Executive, Communications Assistant, Communications Officer, Communications Administrator, Events Management, Digital Marketing, Social Media, etc.