Marketing Communications Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced creative and innovative leader who has the drive to develop and deliver original and effective marketing and communications strategies for the UK’s foremost homeopathic charity. The Marketing and Communications Manager will lead the marketing and communications activities for their small yet dynamic charity. The post holder will be responsible for raising the profile of our client and will introduce the organisation to new audiences and strengthen their ability to raise funds to meet their vision of ensuring the public understands the potential for homeopathy and can access high quality homeopathic care.
Marketing Communications Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead all marketing and communications activities of the organisation.
- Manage all channels of communication and marketing (social media, website, other digital, press and print platforms) to ensure coherence to branding and effectiveness of communications to target audiences.
- Develop and work with staff, senior management and the Board to agree a marketing and communications strategy to build brand awareness, market activities and services, communicate initiatives, build the charity’s supporter base and revitalise cross organisational relationships.
- Manage marketing and communication’s staff through prioritisation of work, scheduling of activities to meet deadlines for multiple different marketing activities, PR communications and events.
- Develop relationships with useful media contacts/organisations to increase impact and reach of the charity’s marketing and communications activities.
- Lead project management, planning, budgeting, execution and evaluation of marketing events and activities.
Marketing Communications Manager Requirements:
- Strong track record of measurable results in communications and marketing.
- Ability to lead and inspire a small team.
- Proven experience in developing a communications and marketing strategy from scratch to achieve measurable results.
- An understanding of the importance of evaluating media campaigns to monitor the impact and experience of working with analytic tools.
- Very strong writing skills in English and ability to produce high quality impactful content to short deadlines.
- Extensive experience in managing urgent reactive media issues.
- Strong experience in website development and social media to enhance marketing and communications efforts.
- Ability to get results in a resource constrained environment.
- Strong experience and track record in developing productive relationships with journalists.
- Demonstrate ability and experience in generating coverage in a wide range of national and international media outlets for a campaign or brand.
- Knowledge and understanding of website SEO, analytics, etc.
- Organised and comfortable managing multiple projects at one time and controlling budgets.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the charity or other not for profit organisations.
- Understanding of government decision making bodies and processes.
- Commitment to complementary approaches to healthcare.
About our client:
They were founded in 1902 as the British Homeopathic Association. They are the United Kingdom’s leading homeopathic charity committed to the promotion and practice of homeopathy. They want homeopathy to be available for everyone who needs it and offer affordable high-quality healthcare from their network of charitable clinics. They also fund research and training for homeopaths and medical professionals.
To build greater awareness and use of homeopathy as an effective healthcare choice by:
promoting of the value of homeopathy and its practice by statutorily- regulated healthcare professionals.
promoting the study of and training in homeopathy.
promoting research into homeopathy that will make an impact.
Location: Home/London (The post holder will be expected to be in the London office at agreed intervals with the remaining time working virtually from home).
Type: Permanent, Full time (35 hrs/wk)
Salary: £43,000 to £50,000
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Manager, Communication Manager, Communications Manager, Comms Manager, Communications Officer, Marketing Communications Manager, Internal Communications Manager, Internal Comms Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager, Digital Marketing, SEO, PPC, Brand Manager, Healthcare, Charity, Charities: NFP, Not For Profit, etc.