Operations Director - Learning Disabilities
Are you an innovative and effective Senior Operational Leader in the Health or Social Care Sector with a proven record of making a positive contribution to the lives of people with a learning disability and/or autism? If so we want to hear from you!
Operations Director Responsibilities:
• Support the delivery of effective and efficient personalised services for people with a learning disability or autism.
• Involve the people we support and their families in developing and shaping new and existing services using the principles of co-production.
• Ensure that people we support and their families are treated with respect, dignity and equality.
• Act as the appointing officer up to and including Head of Operations level.
• Be responsible for Disciplinary and Appeal hearings for staff up to and including Director and Head of Operations level.
Operations Director Requirements:
• Demonstrate strong and visible leadership to ensure their day-to-day delivery reflects the common value base of the organisation
• Effectively manage and develop Heads of Operations and Area Managers, ensuring all quality and compliance standards are met
• Drive forward commercial plans for growth and development
• Develop productive relationships with all stakeholders including people supported by their organisation and their families
• Have substantial operations and commercial acumen
• Have regulatory sector knowledge and experience within Social Care for England and Wales
• Develop opportunities for collaborative and partnership working and in particular with other providers including housing providers
• Understand the changing commissioning landscape and make recommendations for their role to the Trustees
About the company
Our client was established in 1966 by the parents of a child with a learning disability. Their values and DNA are as important today as they were to their founders.
For further information please download the recruitment pack attached to this advertisement on their website.
Location: North with national travel, including to their Central Head Office in Milton Keynes
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Monday 20 July 2020 at 12 noon
First stage interview dates will take place week commencing 27 July 2020 (based on current Government advice this may be by Zoom)
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Therefore they work with successful candidates to complete appropriate checks prior to joining.
NO AGENCIES, THANK YOU. Our client is not responsible for any introduction fees related to unsolicited CVs.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Director, Operations Manager, Adult Services, Social Worker, Social Work, Social Care, Care Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Social Care, Customer Service, Healthcare, Social Care Manager, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.