People Development Advisor
The advisor role is a key role within the People Development team, working within the team and across various business areas to develop and design the most appropriate routes for delivering learning across the organisation, following the 70:20:10 model.
People Development Advisor Responsibilities:
• Work with the People Development Manager and People Development Coordinators to deliver and continuously develop the learning and development priorities for the organisation, working with key stakeholders to support and enable the scoping, design and delivery of development and learning in line with these priorities. This may include enabling the development of new learning interventions or continuous improvement of existing provision.
• Work with internal subject matter experts, creating tools and platforms that enable them to deliver internal development interventions, share and develop skills and knowledge across our client.
• Maximise the use of pro bono and volunteering opportunities to deliver learning and development across the organisation
• Support the People Development Manager to manage use of Apprenticeship Levy funds and find new and creative opportunities for this funding stream
• Supporting our internal customers to establish the best route to meet development and skills needs
• Work with external suppliers to commission development activity where appropriate, with a focus on ensuring value for money
People Development Advisor Requirements:
Successful applicants will thrive working on and supporting L&D projects across the organisation as well as supporting their team of People Development coordinators. They're looking for a self-starter who enjoys seeing things through from conception of ideas to design, delivery and evaluation. Managing internal and external relationships within projects is a key skill in this role in addition to strategic and critical thinking.
About our client:
Today, 12 children and young people in the UK hear the shocking news they have cancer. Our client, a leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families, provides them with clinical, practical, emotional and financial support. You can be a part of helping them cope with cancer and get the most out of life.
What they offer:
In return for your commitment, they offer a great reward package, which includes generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme and season ticket loan.
They are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join them and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. They particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to step forward and apply to work or volunteer with them.
They’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Location: Either based in Bristol, or homeworking with occasional travel to Bristol
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 35 per week
Salary: £28,792 per annum, plus benefits
Closing Date: 5 August 2021
You may have experience of the following: People Development Advisor, HR People Development Advisor, HR Advisor, HR Officer, Learning and Development Advisor, L&D Advisor, L&D Coordinator, Training, L&D, Learning and Development, L&D Administrator, CIPD, etc.
Ref: 101 286