Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Analyst
Our client has an opportunity for a Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Analyst to join them on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. You will be based at our Science Park Cambridge office (free onsite parking and close to the guided busway and Cambridge North railway) and will occasionally visit the London office and attend external meetings.
Position: Portfolio Management Office Analyst
Location: City Cambridge (commutable from Alconbury, Bedford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridgeshire, Cambridge North, Cherry Hinton, Chesterton, Ely, Fen Drayton, Fenstanton, Histon & Impington, Hitchin, Huntingdon, Longstanton, Milton, Newmarket, Northstowe, Oakington, Orchard-Park, Royston, Saffron Walden, Somersham, St Ives, St Neots, Stevenage, Swavesey, Waterbeach, Wyton and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £36,977 to £41,086 per annum plus benefits
Benefits: Excellent contributory pension scheme, generous paid holidays, 35-hour (for full-time staff) working week, learning and career development, subsidised staff restaurant (Cambridge office), staff sports and social club, free private healthcare plan, income protection scheme, critical illness insurance, life assurance, free on-site parking (Cambridge office), season ticket, car/motor cycle and cycle to work schemes, membership subscription, employee assistance programme, eye-care at work scheme, wellness initiatives, flexible work environment, employee recognition, long service awards, membership subscription to professional body, two discounted staff flats on-site (Cambridge office), Litmus reward gateway benefits and more.
Closing Date: 23 February 2020
About the role:
As a Portfolio Management Office Analyst for our client, you will support the Head of Portfolio Management to develop and manage the portfolio of initiatives driven at a strategic level, and to support the development of the portfolio management capability. You will work with managers, business partners and subject specialists across the organisation to develop and maintain a comprehensive view of organisational activity, performance and risk.
With your experience of building strong relationships across an organisation, you will confidently represent the Finance team in this highly-visible role. You will be part of the team delivering portfolio governance and assurance; organisational performance management; portfolio demand-supply management; portfolio prioritisation and sequencing; benefits management; resource management; portfolio value for money; risk management and providing advice and support to project sponsors, managers and boards. You will suggest interventions on initiatives to ensure that strategic outcomes are optimised, reporting by exception to get approval to stop or change scope of inflight initiatives.
- A sound understanding of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management.
- Experience of interaction with senior management / leadership including producing presentations, reports and making recommendations to guide decision-making.
- Able to use a coaching approach to influence and enable change across the organisation.
- Experience of leading or supporting key business management processes.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, including presentation skills and experience of reporting.
- Able to prepare or evaluate business cases for new organisational initiatives.
- Confidence to provide constructive challenge to senior stakeholders.
- Able to develop and manage portfolio risk registers and project or programme governance.
- Able to develop benefits management frameworks or applying benefits realisation plans.
- Experience of establishing or maintaining performance measures for organisations or projects.
- Experience of identifying organisational risks and managing or suggesting relevant mitigating actions.
- Able to take full ownership of the assigned duties, using initiative and judgement.
- Confident user of the MS Office suite, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Experience of working in a Portfolio Management Office.
- PRINCE2 or MSP qualification or equivalent.
- Competence in interpreting financial information.
You may have experience of the following: PMO Analyst, PMO Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Programme Manager Programme Management, PMO Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Programme Coordinator, Project Analyst, Programme Analyst, etc.