Senior Support Worker
As part of our client's continued growth they are now looking to recruit for their home in Stockport.
Senior Support Worker Responsibilities:
- To act as a member of the team and assist the management staff in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the young people, closely following individual care plans and programmes.
- To support the Team Leaders, Deputy and Residential Manager in ensuring the running of the home is to its highest possible standard.
- To assist the Team Leaders in the planning of co-ordination of shifts, ensuring 1:1 time is planned for the young people as well as the facilitation of appointments and planned activities. To take lead in managing this in the absence of a Team Leader.
Senior Support Worker Requirements:
- NVQ Level 2 qualification in in care or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work shifts within a 24/7 day per week rota.
Our client provides care 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. All roles will involve some weekend working. The shift times are:
Early Shift- 7.00am- 3.30pm
Late Shift – 2.00pm-10.30pm
Sleep ins – 11.00pm-7am
If you have a passion and commitment to work with young people and make a difference to their lives please apply now for a link to the online application pack.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
As an employer They are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all staff.
About Our Client:
A Unique and Innovative Approach to Supporting Young People in Care.
Our client provides residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people they care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation.
Their aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week plus 1 sleep in per week; Early Shift- 7.00am- 3.30pm; Late Shift – 2.00pm-10.30pm; Sleep ins – 11.00pm-7am
Salary: £20,651 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience (Trainee salary - £20,344.82)
Benefits: Enhanced company pension, Enhanced maternity / paternity leave, Minimum of 30 days holidays, Company sick pay, Recruit a friend scheme, Employee of the year awards, Employee Assistance programme / counselling service, Free on-site parking, Paid DBS check, Online shopping discounts.
Closing Date: Saturday 29th February (Our client reserves the right to bring forward their closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest.)
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.