Senior Support Worker
*Please note that this vacancy is for current staff only*
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move into a Senior Support Worker position? Do you feel that you have received enough development to help you excel as a Senior Support Worker?
They are currently looking to appoint an experienced Support Worker who is looking to develop into a Senior Support Worker post. You will support the Deputy and Residential Manager in supervising a team of staff with the aim to help their young people move into independent living in the future.
You will be based at Stubble Bank where you will work shifts over a 37.5 hour week consisting of earlies, lates and sleep-ins.
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Enhanced company pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 7 days)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Senior Support Worker
- To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
- To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
- To work alongside the Deputy and Residential Manager to support with the management of staff and smooth running of the home
- To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
- To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
- To promote independence amongst the young people
- To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
- To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
Requirements of a Senior Support Worker
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent within Care
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
Due to the current climate regarding the Covid-19, all of their interviews are now taking place as a Video/Audio Interview over Microsoft Teams.
The closing date for this position is Saturday 25th July 2020, so if you are interested in developing and supporting young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please ensure you apply before this date.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
They reserve the right to close the advert early, should they appoint a suitable candidate.