Support Worker (Full time & Part Time)
Are you interested in a career where you will make a real difference in young people’s lives? Do you understand the challenges which young people face in daily life? Is a career as a Support Worker the next step in life for you?
Our client provides residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or may have experienced previous admissions and/or placement breakdowns. The young people they care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our clients aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic, least restrictive approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
They are currently looking for a kind, caring and friendly person to join their professional team as a Support Worker. Experience is not essential and full training will be provided but understanding the issues young people face in their daily life will really help to make a difference.
You will be based within their residential home in Neston working shifts over a 37.5 hour working week, consisting of earlies, lates, sleep ins & nights when required to support the service. Flexibility will be required.
- Competitive pay (£9.66 p/h + £500 welcome bonus)
- £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 3 days)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Healthcare Cashplan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Support Worker
- To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
- To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
- To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
- To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
- To promote independence amongst the young people
- To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
- To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
Requirements of a Support Worker
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Care
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please apply today.
Please note that they do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
To support their commitment as a COVID-19 Secure employer, all of their interviews will be held over video platform.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
They reserve the right to close the advert early, should they appoint a suitable candidate.