Support Worker, Young People
£18,835.54 - £20,599.13 (Depending on experience)
£1000 welcome bonus
Full and part time opportunities available
Our client provides residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old. The young people they care for often require a high level of support to assist with difficulties they may have from self-harming, behaviour, and emotional difficulties. Their aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to help them achieve their individual goals, in preparation for transition to adult life.
Our client's homes are always a hub of activity and energy where the young people can feel safe, and their staff can enjoy coming to work. Your role will involve working with young people to promote independence through support with education, household tasks, shopping, building positive relationships and general life skills. They always encourage young people and staff to bring their hobbies and knowledge into the home whether this be knitting, fitness, cooking or even singing so there is never a dull moment.
Part of the role will be managing various levels of self-harm using a least restrictive approach, so you will require a high level of resilience and have a caring, compassionate nature. You will also be required to update online care records and complete medication administration. In addition, you will be responsible for the general upkeep and tidiness of the home ensuring the young people live in homely environment.
Previous care experience is not essential and full training will be provided. All staff will be supported to achieve their Level 3 in Adult Care. You will also receive ongoing support and mentoring from friendly residential and clinical team.
The job is highly rewarding and a great start to developing your career working with young people and mental health. This role would also suit psychology graduates looking to develop their experience working in a multi-disciplinary team or people with life experiences wanting to give something back. There are opportunities for excellent career progression, with many of their staff developing into senior residential roles.
- A £1000 welcome bonus to all new starters
- A £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £1000 per referral)
- 30 days holiday (Rising to 35 days with service including bank holidays)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Essential requirements of a Support Worker
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- Basic IT skills (Your role will involve some computer work, completing forms, using an online care system, and writing emails)
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- A professional working boundary between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
Fancy the challenge? Apply today!
- You will work in a COVID secure environment as all staff are required to be fully vaccinated by 11th November 2021.This will be a requirement for this role also.
- Please note that they do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
- Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.