Are you looking for a rewarding career where every day is different? Do you have the passion and drive to make a positive difference in people’s lives who are affected by dementia? Would you like to work within a supportive and compassionate team where they work openly, combining their strengths, helping them to achieve more together?
Yes? then please our client tell you more about the fantastic opportunity they have!
Support Worker Responsibilities:
Our client's Dementia Support service involves dedicated members of staff giving one to one support, information and guidance to people with dementia or their carers and wider family or friends, to help people understand dementia, cope with day to day living with dementia and prepare for the future.
- Offering a vital and compassionate advice service to support and guide those affected by dementia.
- Encouraging communities to become Dementia Friendly and develop a strong voice for people affected by dementia.
- Provide community based, face to face services for an increased level of support for more complex cases.
- Managing referrals, assisting clients in assessing their information and support needs in a person-centred manner.
- Providing knowledgeable and trusted information regarding services and benefits available and, where appropriate, assist clients in accessing them.
- Signposting clients to a choice of suitable other sources of help, where appropriate.
- Developing a proactive approach in reaching people with dementia and carers who may not otherwise access our services.
Support Worker Requirements:
Our client is hoping to welcome an approachable and knowledgeable BAME Specialist Community Dementia Support Worker to work in the vibrant and passionate service in Wakefield and Five Towns. This is an amazing opportunity to have a rewarding career providing support and guidance to people with dementia and their carers. They strive to help people to maintain independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting people in more control of their own lives. They promote a person-centred service so that their support is unique to each individual, based upon their own aspirations and needs. They provide information and support in people’s homes and at locations across Wakefield and Five Towns.
Our client is looking for
- An understanding of the local BAME culture and community.
- Working experience of assessing people face to face with an ability to assess their needs.
- Deliver advice and guidance with a non-judgmental approach and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to manage your caseload of clients effectively.
- Good IT skills and be able to travel independently across the Five Towns area.
- An understanding of dementia and the needs of those living with dementia and their carers would be an advantage but if you have had experience supporting with other challenges this would be taken into consideration.
About Our Client:
Our client is the UK's leading dementia charity. They provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Dementia Support Worker
Location: Community based - Wakefield and Five Towns
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 35 per week
Salary: £20,363 - £21,603 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 9th August 2021
Interview date: TBC
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Dementia Advisor, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, NFP, Not for Profit, Charity, etc.
Ref: 100 934