Our client is looking for an Operations Director to join their team based in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Salary: £32,135.17 pro rata (£24,600.57 pa)
Hours: 28 hours per week (working across 4 days per week)
Closing Date: Monday 14th September 2020
Our client is a charity supporting older people across Tameside, with a multi-purpose Centre in Ashton-under-Lyne. The charity has been serving older communities for over 40 years. They are currently seeking to recruit an Operations Director.
This is a senior management position, operating at a strategic level directly with the CEO, overseeing the day to day administration & finance functions of the charity, ensuring robust financial reporting, systems and practice.
Operations Director - Key Responsibilities:
- To maintain the accounting records using a Sage Line 50 system or relevant system appropriate to the needs of the organisation
- To produce monthly financial exception reports to the Board
- To produce the year end management accounts in consultation with the external auditors.
- To develop the annual budget with the CEO and Finance Sub Committee, providing quarterly management accounts thereafter
- To devise financial policy, procedures, protocols and guidance to ensure the Charities financial functions are robust and consistent and meet the legal standards of best practice
Customer Services Management
- To provide coaching and supervisory support to a team of Customer Service Assistants
- Oversee day to day finance administration tasks including recording income and expenditure, ordering and petty cash
- Oversee admin tasks in support of recruitment and volunteering and other general correspondence
- Oversee maintenance of the charities Social Media marketing and Website maintenance
- Oversee front of House Reception and Dealing with Enquiries
- Oversee building maintenance including Health & Safety, Fire Safety and First Aid
- Oversee room hire and booking
- Oversee the design of displays and other information
- Oversee maintenance and replacement of IT equipment and hand-held equipment
- Any other tasks that fall within a Customer Services remit
- To establish customer service quality standards, aims, objective and measurable outcomes.
- To act as the Information Governance Lead
- To work with the CEO to develop new grants, commercial funding streams and maximise income from existing income generation initiatives
- To work with the CEO to develop its internal strategy, fulfil its goals and realise its ambitions
- To deputise in the absence of the CEO
Operations Director - You:
- Management or Supervisory Qualification Level 5 or above
- Minimum of 3 years voluntary sector management accounts experience & 3 years senior management experience
- Preparation of Management Accounts, budget setting, Annual Accounts and ongoing reporting
- Experience of staff training, coaching, support and supervision
- Understanding of legal frameworks governing the work of the Charity
- Experience of working with Sage 50 Accounts Office Software or similar Software together with the design and application of excel spreadsheets
- Experience of using social media and the website as promotional tools for the work of the Charity
- An understanding of back office and front of house functions
- Overseeing Information Governance procedure and practice
- Developing internal strategy and charity growth development though grants and commercial income generation
- High Quality Customer Services
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Charity Commission Regulations
- Companies House Regulations
- Data Protection Legislation
Interviews will take place the week commencing 28th September 2020. To submit your CV for this exciting Operations Director opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.