The Holocaust Educational Trust is a registered charity working with schools, colleges and communities across the country to raise awareness about the Holocaust and its relevance today. We have an exciting opportunity for a Data & Evaluation Manager to join our team. For over 30 years, we have led innovative and meaningful learning experiences – teaching young people about the Holocaust and ensuring that our educational initiatives have a long term and positive impact on the individuals we reach.
We are looking for someone who is experienced, passionate about the power of data, confident and driven. You will arrive at the Trust ready to champion data driven strategy; you will support the team as they capture feedback and measure impact; you will share your expertise, and you will model how best to learn from data and bring about continued positive change and development to a national educational charity.
In the first 3-6 months, you will:
• Undertake an organisational audit, assessing our methods and approaches to data capture and evaluation across the organisation.
• Be responsible for sharing professional knowledge (e.g. research design, secondary data analysis) to upskill and support other colleagues across the team in data analysis, data governance and reporting.
Within your first year, you will utilise your knowledge of data analysis models and platforms, as well as your understanding of the Trust and our aims to:
• Create a Data & Evaluation strategy which ensures we are able to continue to deliver educationally robust, memorable, and meaningful learning experiences.
• Work with the Senior Management Team to devise a road map which will ensure this strategy is implemented and that evaluation continues to be at the heart of everything we do.
1. Evaluation and programme development
• Manage the evaluation of our programmes and delivery, ensuring we understand the impact that we are having across our delivery team. You will establish effective processes and structures, overseeing day-to-day relationships with colleagues, and ensuring that we have appropriately implemented structures which allow us to conduct research and report our findings.
• Design research and disseminate insights regarding our programmes and approaches, to drive programme improvement and impact. You will share new insights with colleagues, ensuring they understand how these insights can be used to further consider the evolution of our programmes and delivery.
• Develop high-quality written briefings based on research and data analysis that can be used to inform and engage external partners about our work and the impact of our programmes.
2. Impact evaluation and reporting
• Measure, evaluate and report on our impact, strengthening our reporting to key stakeholders.
• Provide quarterly impact reports for our Board of Trustees, highlighting and showcasing our reach and impact, with particular focus on performance in relation to our delivery targets.
• Work with the Managing Director to develop our annual impact report, ensuring it accurately illustrates our reach and impact.
• Share technical and professional knowledge on specialist subjects so as to upskill and support the team in data analysis and reporting.
• Attend meetings with key stakeholders to present and demonstrate our impact.