To support the Finance Transformation and Systems Manager and Finance Systems Assistant Manager to ensure good financial functioning, financial reporting, and financial strategies. Support and contribute to the overall aims and success of the organisation.
This role contributes to the Finance Systems Team’s vision of supporting and encouraging an environment of continuous improvement. You will be the first contact point of the Finance Systems Team within the organisation.
• Responsive first line support to staff on all finance systems and processes.
• Proactive approach to developing training materials and equipping staff.
• Working closely with the Financial Controllers and support them with their monthly tasks and systems queries.
• Supporting the Finance Systems Assistant Manager in the creation, development, administration and maintenance of finance systems and processes.
• Assist the Finance Systems Assistant Manager in the usage of the group-wide finance systems to 200 operational users – essentially a copy of the above point.
• Assist the Finance Systems Assistant Manager in assuring data integrity, and control access to sensitive information including salaries, roles, budget details and management accounts.
• Assist the Finance Systems Team in short- and long-term projects.
• Support and assist the Finance Systems Team with the development of group wide supplier engagement process. This includes coordinating with the Legal, HR, IT, Insurance, Procurement, GDPR and Safeguarding Teams.
The Right Candidate
• Aptitude for and interest in finance and finance systems
• Ability to grasp and build on new concepts quickly
• Logically work through complicated problems and get to the root cause
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills over the phone, in email and in person
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external groups
• Good time management, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage and self-direct workload, set own goals and objectives
• Discretion, honesty, and reliability
• Accuracy and attention to detail