The vision of Holy Trinity Brompton Church (HTB) & Alpha International is the re-evangalisation of the nations, the revitilisation of the Church and the transformation of society. Each member of staff plays a key role in contributing to our vision. Our mission is bigger than any individual task but together our work contributes to the bigger picture.
Used in over 114 countries across all five major continents, Alpha International’s mission is to equip and serve the church to help people discover and develop a relationship with Jesus. We do this by equipping churches around the world with Alpha – a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith.
The AI Project Management Office (PMO) is a new, distinct function at Alpha International that has been incubated and developed out of the Alpha 2020 Transformation programme.
One of the key roles of the PMO is the strategic execution and delivery of large,complex and cross functional projects.
Alpha is seeking an experienced project management professional preferably with experience in the film making industry.
The Programme Manager will support the Programme Director to execute the Alpha Film Series Programme. This programme oversees 4 projects delivering critical outcomes for Alpha. This is enabled by eight support workstreams.
The programme is complex, involves multiple teams across the UK, Malaysia, US and Canada and requires dedicated programme management (PM) support to manage the running of the programme on a day-to-day basis ensuring it is on time, on budget and delivers strategic product outcomes. A large part of this role will be managing dependencies across workstreams, driving the required rhythm, setting up robust programme reporting and internal comms. Their key responsibilities will be to:
• Manage the programme plan on a day-to-day basis keeping the Programme Director up-to-date on risk, issues and mitigation.
• Take an active role in working with project managers to develop solutions to any delivery challenges.
• Ensure fluid communication between all stakeholders internal and external to the programme.
• Manage programme budget, updating internal systems for tracking project spend and processing all income and payments.
• Provide cash flow updates for finance and fundraising to ensure smooth provision of funds to the project.
• Manage the working relationship with external team members and ensure their professional expertise is being utilised in every area of the project.
• Ensure contracts between the external parties and Alpha International are drawn up and meet requirements.
• Provide overall programme management of the portfolio but direct responsibility for AFS 1.75 and AFS 2.0 projects.
• Booking of fliming locations, crew, equipment in pre-production.
• Diary management and pre-breifing of talent during production.
• On-site support for the team during production in order to report back into the Executive Producers.
• Ensure all permissions and rights needed are granted in post-production, including release forms being signed by all testimonies/contributors.
• Work with Product Strategy and Global Impact teams to ensure that the final product delivered meets strategic targets.
• Work with the Marketing, Comms, Digital and Publications teams to ensure the successful release of AFS to AI regional teams, AI digital platforms and AI regional publication houses. Strategies for these channels of distribution may be contextualised depending on the region.
• Key point of contact for all general AFS queries.
The Ideal Candidate
• 3+ years professional experience in Consulting or Project Management ideally on film or TV projects
• High resilience and comfort working with fast-paced teams and operating in ambiguous work environments, to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and resourcefulness
• Ability to develop credibility with key stakeholders and drive for alignment, accountability and improvement
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Strong knowledge of HTB and Alpha as an organisation and experience of the Alpha Course
• Self-motivated, strategic thinker
Our Benefits Package
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays.
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (out of pocket health expenses including new glasses, dentist, and complimentary therapies)
- Flexible working options.
- Local discounts including gym membership and days out.
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Child Care voucher scheme.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme